• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Southampton | 30/10/04

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lauren

• Toure

• Cole

• Vieira

• Reyes

• Fabregas

• Henry

• Van Persie

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Arsenal 2 - Southampton 2

Goal Scorers
Arsenal: Henry and Van Persie
Soton: Delap x2

Thanks to a late minute goal from Robin Van Persie we grabbed a point from one of our lesser performances of the season. We went ahead when Henry scored but Soton equalised through Delap and took the lead late in the game. We didn't give up and thanks to Robin we didn't suffer a second lost in a row.

Hopefully we learn from this and perform better againest Panathinaikos on Tuesday(LIVE wednesday morning for AUSSIES, ESPN :) )

Who was our MOTM? Vote and leave a comment before Monday evening. Make sure you look out for the POTM poll for Octoberwhich will be out soon.

tg :)

goonerlove

I give it to RVP... we were up and down all day. Nobody looked totally committed and together. It seemed we were still suffering from an Old Trafford hangover (as was ManUre).

RVP came in and scored the leveler - then almost scored again.

Those two goals against us should remind us that when we are without Sol, we really don't have a solid backup (I like Cygan, but really).

Also, I thought Vieira was average again, for the second game in a row. His passing was suspect and he should have been more of a factor on the Soton goals (although I blame Cygan more).

It will be interesting to see what AW does at the winter break. I fear that our momentum has slowed just as Chelsea is starting to really heat up (against lowly opponents, but still). We could easily find ourselves 3-5 points down at the break if we are not careful. We still have Chelsea, Newcastle, and Liverpool before the break.

The lads have some things to work out - I hope AW has got it figured...

Goonerlove

Mark

Established Member
I give it to Cesc. He came on and we scored, we just looked better with his presence. No one else really contributed anything so RvP has a strong case as his awesome goal got us a point, but I just think the way Cesc can influence a game is excellent. He gets my vote.

Arsene

It wasn't cgyans fault, just because he's in for campbell doesn't mean he can suddenly organise our defense as well. It was vieira's fault on both occasions. Also toure needs to step up andf start marshalling the def a bit more.

oObcOo

I would have gave it to RVP, but I think Bergkamp deserves it. His crossing was awesome, and he created chances for us, the penalty is the proof.

Soler

Established Member
I didn't see the match (it not being on here, thanks a lot FoxSports) but I'll have to give it to RVP for scoring the equaliser.

calvinngai88

You can't give a MOTM award to a player who came on in last 8 minutes, scoring an equaliser or even almost close to scoring a winning goal. Fabregas will get my vote because ever since he came in for Edu, he livened up the match, with goals starting to bang in, be it which side. And also, Fabregas was the one who passed on the ball to Van Persie for him to score the equaliser.

That's just a glimpse of Robin Van Persie. There's much to come from him!~ :)

Senght

RVP.

He single handedly saved our arse, and almost gave us the win with the header. Smart move by Arsène to bring in both Cesc and RvP.

A

Anonymous

Senght said:
RVP.

He single handedly saved our arse, and almost gave us the win with the header. Smart move by Arsène to bring in both Cesc and RvP.

why can't Arsène do that when we play United and other teams in the Champions League is what annoys me the most.

Canuck

Established Member
Much easier choice than Player of the Month. Van Persie was thrown into the match and made the difference. Talk about 'last gasp', well that is the epitome.

Gunner Ossie

coolcool2 said:
why can't Arsène do that when we play United and other teams in the Champions League is what annoys me the most.

It just goes to show that people who were saying RVP should not have been brought on when we were 1-0 down at united are talking out of thier arses because, he proved he has the ability to make a difference.

For me, the fact that van persie was on the pitch for so shorter time is the very reason that he deserves it because, if you think about it, he did in the last few minutes that which others could not do during the first 88.

arsenal99

my potm has got to be v.persie as he played well like everyone else but v.persie saved ars.enal from losing.so my vote goes to v.persie. but my motm would still be v.persie.He has played well and has showed he fits into ars.enal

Taozhe

In such a short time, he has inspired with an equaliser and nearly the winner in the last minute. With immense pressure of losing the game, he scored a superb cracker against Niemi, the world class goalkeeper. Definitely a player of the future and might be an even better player than Chelsea's Arjen Robben.

KingReyes

Established Member
I don't think this should be MOTM but Arsenal's best player, MOTM goes to Niemi for pulling off some great saves. Noone is a clear winner for me but I'll gice credit to Cesc and RVP for coming on and showing maturity to get us the equaliser.

bobbypires

Established Member
star.JPG
star.JPG
star.JPG
Robin van Persie
star.JPG
star.JPG
Lauren
star.JPG
Cesc Fábregas

Arnie

van Persie. I just can't believe we went from an impressive defensive display to an utterly crap defensive display in a whole 3 days, with better players!!

And i'm sorry but the atacking part of our team should have put the chances away because there were many!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom