• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Southampton | 30/10/04

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lauren

• Toure

• Cole

• Vieira

• Reyes

• Fabregas

• Henry

• Van Persie

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukazan

Established Member
Only saw the highlights on MOTD so I can't really say.. but I'll go for van Persie because he got a brilliant goal and got us a point.

James

Established Member
I really don't understand how RVP can get MOTM

...but he still gets my vote :lol: A very important goal

RobinVanPersie

Offcourse Robin, he saved Arsenal. He had the courage to shot a difficult ball on the goal in a stage where you have to play it as easy as possible.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Even though Henry missed a penalty, he was still our best player. He took his goal expertly, and the skill he displayed to set up chances for Bergkamp and particularly Ljungberg was breathtaking.

beanz

I listened to the match live on radio yesterday and judging by the commentary (one of whom was Nutty Winterburn, good defender but crap at radio) I got the impression that we were'nt trying, but I watched the match on Sky this morning and we did'nt look that bad.
O.K. it was'nt vintage Arsenal but by the same token, it was'nt as bad as I was lead to believe, Titi and Denis had much better games than last weekend and if it were'nt for a poor first touch on several occaisions, we would have won comfortably.
However, I was still mighty glad that Van Persie found the net at the death, two defeats in a row would be very hard to stomach.

Mark

Established Member
Henry did have a better game than it sounded on the radio. Unlucky with the penalty and tried to create goals for others which just weren't finished.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
To be honest no one really stood out for me in the mtch other than van Persie. Having been on the pitch for barely 8 minutes he finds a way of conjuring up and equaliser and nearly winning the game for us with virtually the last touch of the game. What won him the awad for me is te length of time he was on the pithc, the fact that he had just scored his forst goal for the club 3 days earlier, and the state of the game when he came on. Really and truely one to watch and he can possibly take the mantle of the Dutch Wizard from Dennis. Congrats.

the dawn raids

Established Member
our defense on set pieces must improve. these 2 goals and the 2nd Panathaniakos goal especially where the guy just waltzed through the box unmarked; its got to get better.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
The poll is now closed, thanx to everyone who voted and those that left comments.

The Official Arsenal-Mania Man of the Match award for this game goes to Robin Van Persie.

12297.jpg

Well done Robin :)

The Man of the Match article will be on the homepage soon, so make sure you all have a read.

Make sure you all vote in the Player of the Month poll which closes on Sunday and the MOTM poll for the Panathinaikos game.

Good luck boys for the Panathinaikos game

tg :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom