• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Tottenham | 8/11/03

Who was the Man of the Match?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Campbell

• Toure

• Cole

• Ljungberg

• Pires

• Parlour

• Henry

• Kanu

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thierrys_girl

Established Member
hey everyone,

I hope you all saw the game, it was full of emotions. To go down 1-0 in the first 5 mins was frustrating, some players made silly mistakes, one of our MOST important players couldn't breathe for the longest 2 mins of my life, tempers were short and a goal ecah for Pires & Ljungberg saved us, secured 3 points and the top spot till next match day.

I hope you have all decided who was our Man of the Match because I have, make sure your vote and comments are in before Wednesday 12th November.

Taozhe

i'll vote for toure again who has been stunning in defence AGAIN and AGAIN! Our rock in defence ;)

bencey

i go for kanu. i thought he played really well. He was holding up the ball well and his passing was very good

sint6720

Pistiga for being such a sh*t sriker for them

Seriously though i think Pires did well today beside from score the equaliser, work very hard at both ends of the field.....

(wanna give it to Bergy but he played only 30 min :( )

SydneyGunnerFan

i give my vote to henry for the strength and the spirit he had when he got taken out hit in the throat he was injured and couldnt breathe but he wanted to come back on that shows me that he has a good heart and is always looking to play the whole game out

Henry has an arsenal heart through and through

Andrew

1. Kanu (was brilliant, particularly first half)
2. Parlour (lifted the team)
3. Campbell (still the master of defence, made crucial interceptions. Toure was solid today but Campbell was brilliant)
4. Henry (below par but still threatened)
5. Bergkamp (made the difference)
6. Lehmann (kept us in it)

Arsene

Ljunberg, worked hard the whole game. He's best position is definetely on the left cutting in, and his goal although lucky was well created (taking a player and making space) and it was goal bound regardless of the deflection, whether keller would have stopped it is another matter.

But ljunberg for me.

nosneb

campbell..
i think he's been somewhat overlooked this season because of the emergence of toure.. but this is 1 game where he deserves the plaudits.. made some crucial interceptions, esp. early in the 2nd half otherwise postiga would've certainly scored (then again.. its postiga ;D )

seriously, much as i loathe saying this, i think postiga will be a good striker if he settles in.. hope im wrong tho :wink:

mauapa

Jens for sure. we might be 3-0 down at half time. thank to him, i didn't have a heart attack from lauren performance

Sammer

Established Member
Can´t agree more with NATNAT and MAUAPA:

Without Jens, we would have been down easily 0-3 in the first half. He stood there strong like giant between the posts - even with Lauren´s mistakes giving him a lot of trouble.

Jens did it for us yesterday !

kajej

Definately Lehman, he put in a great preformance and they were lucky to get the first goal he then made 2 crucial saves to keep us in the game. The only negative thing in his performance was his temper. Other players also played very average in my opinion i can't think of anyone who deserves it other than him

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
None of our players had exceptional games. Bergkamp gets my vote. (well he would if he was one of the options that I could vote for!) He gave us the spark that was lacking.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
quattro said:
i wonder... would anyone mind if we traded lauren for postiga?

;D

i would, Postiga is a diver and i dont want arsenal to get a bad name. Lauren is usually a very reliable player he just had a bad game.

Sorry that Bergkamp wasn't in the poll Goonergurjit, Bergkamp missed out this time.

Top Bottom