• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Aston Villa vs Arsenal | 05/02/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cygan

• Senderos

• Cole

• Ljungberg

• Vieira

• Edu

• Bergkamp

• Henry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Aston Villa 1 - Arsenal 3

Goals: Freddie Ljungberg, Thierry Henry, Ashley Cole and Juan Pablo Angel.

A brilliant performance from our boys sees us bounce back from the defeat at the hands of Utd days ago. Everyone played well and we saw no defensive errors. Thierry got his first goal since Boxing Day, what a relief for him and us. The Cygan and Senderos partnership went well, they both looked comfortable. Well done lads.

Im very proud with the way our boys came out and played, putting the disappointing defeat behind them and getting back to business.

Who was your MOTM? whoever it was vote and leave a comment before Monday evening so that i can write the MOTM article. Also make sure you all vote in the Player of the Month poll

tg :)

Mark

Established Member
Really difficult one. I think I will judge it on our first half performance as that is when the team was really in gear. I put that down to Bergkamp. It was all revolving around him. What a touch for Ashley's goal. Magical.

zodos

So, why wasn't there a Man of the Match Poll for the ManU game? Is this only relevant when we win?

Good performance by all. I have never liked Lehmann, but it was good to see a confident 'keeper between the sticks. My Man of the Match was Paddy as he completely dominated the midfield. I think we can all say he is back to his supreme best.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
zodos said:
So, why wasn't there a Man of the Match Poll for the ManU game? Is this only relevant when we win?
There wasn't a poll for the Utd game because i was so disappointed that i didn't want to do one. We do usually hava a poll after every game even when we lose, take Liverpool, Bolton and the first Utd game for example.

zodos

thierrys_girl said:
zodos said:
There wasn't a poll for the Utd game because i was so disappointed that i didn't want to do one. We do usually hava a poll after every game even when we lose, take Liverpool, Bolton and the first Utd game for example.
I know exactly what you mean. :)
Just thought Bergkamp's first half performance in that game deserved my vote.

Canuck

Established Member
When we lost to Bolton, no one even wanted to vote anyways. Of course the entire team were pretty poor on the day.

This weekend Dennis has my vote. Hope he can keep those old legs under him for awhile longer.
:wink:

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Vieira. Just stood out for me. Tackling, passing, driving. And some great skill. Should have scored, but that's my only complaint. Was really unlucky with the shot after Reyes' wonderful through ball.

ozgooner

hard 1 to choose this week as we finally had an all round team performance once again.
Bergkamp's passing game was at its brilliant best, freddie & th14 had some very strong runs and great goals each, paddy was strond ijn both attack & defence round the midfield, edu was great on his return with the arsenal and could of very well had a great goal and ash was typically strong up the left side.
But for me the best player i cant go past was senderos from what i recall he wasnt beaten once and never looked like getting beaten, he constant was clearing off the line was fantastic and he showed we do have at least 1 back-up central defender that can step up and be counted when called up. I hope to see a lot more of this kid.

also credit due to leahman, he was very solid on his return in front of the sticks.

bobbypires

Established Member
star.JPG
star.JPG
star.JPG
Ashley Cole
star.JPG
star.JPG
Freddie Ljungberg
star.JPG
Dennis Bergkamp / Patrick Vieira / Edu

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
We played awesome. I was EXTREMELY happy to see Lehmann and Edu back in the team. I've said it in the 'Edu Thread', and Im gonna say it again now...Edu is pure class. Lehmann was disciplined and didnt make a mistake in the game. I know I was excited when he came out for a cross in the 1st half, it was great.

Patrick Vieira was the man for me. He really dominated the midfield. Djemba-Djemba had no way of containing him, and he started a lot of counter-attacks from tackling in the midfield. He was superb and deserved to get on the score-sheet with that beautiful left-footed curl shot after a sensational display of control. What a player!

Edu second for me, after 6 weeks or so of not playing (if not longer) he really dominated alongside Vieira. Maybe we should consider giving him that bit extra $$$!?

If Henry scored the 4 goals he should've scored, I probably would've put him first, but now he isnt in my top 3. My 3rd choice goes to Bergkamp. That's two in a row Dennis, keep it up you legend!

potterarsenal

I think Senderos had a very solid game at the back and I was also quite immpressed with Cygan and Lehmann. I think they all proved themselves very well :D

Swemini

Viera definetely gets my vote, For the first time for a long period of time I now saw the "old" Viera back at his best, Aggresive defense and as a result fine offensive moves. Just look at the pass he gave Henry for his goal, a pass he made because of his aggresiveness in defense. Perhaps his play today although was a result of playing besides Edu, seemed to me that they (edu,viera) have a lot more confidence playing together, than with cesc, flamini. Or it was simply a case of Villas middfield performance which was really dreadfull. Either case, i belive Viera deserves the MOM!

Lukazan

Established Member
I can't believe Senderos hasn't got abit more recognition yet :shock: ..

He came in out of the blue, playing alongside CYGAN who isn't the best defender in the world as we know, and played absolutely brilliant.

Him for me. 8)

kanuuu

Established Member
A really hard one, I voted for Paddy, he was winning everything in midfield and started alot of our attacks.

arnoldi

Its been really hard for me between Vieira, Senderos, Edu and Cygan but I voted for Edu for the simple fact he showed me where is head really is and has not been distracted by what has been going on

beanz

(sings) We've got Dennis Bergkamp, we've got Dennis Bergkamp, da da da da! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom