• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Aston Villa vs Arsenal | 18/01/04

Who was our best player on the field?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cole

• Lauren

• Campbell

• Cygan

• Ljungberg

• Pires

• Vieira

• Gilberto

• Henry

• Kanu

• Parlour

• Toure

• Edu

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Aston Villa 0- 2 Arsenal

As our game was played on Sunday, Utd (who played on saturday) had the chance to extend their lead at the tpo of the Premierleague, but surprisely Wolves(20th in the table) beat Utd (was1st now 2nd) 1-0. this meant that a win for us would take us to the top :)

2 strikes on goal and into the goal by our in-form Frenchman saw us jump Utd and hold a 2 point lead at the top.

I was surprised to see Cygan in the line up (because Kolo waas fit again) but i now see it was a good move by Wenger.

Who was your Man Of The Match? Was it our amazing Goalkeeper? Was it one of our solid defenders? Was it one of our creative midfielders? or Was it one of our strikers who can make a goal out of nothing?

whoever it was make sure you vote and leave a comment.

Poll closes on Wednesday

tg signing off :)

va_va_voom

I thought Gilberto was magnificent today, he did everything asked of him in breaking down Villa attacks, he won so much of the ball in midfield. His only weakness is his passing when he's required to make a more difficult pass than the 5 yard square ball which has become his trait.

But still, one of his best games for Arsenal.

jc8gooner

Gilberto, Pires, Henry, Vieira, Kanu, Cygan and Ljungberg all had good games but I'm going to go for Cygan today. He was good in the air, his passing was good and he read the game well to clear danger when necessary. He contributed well to another clean sheet.

JazzG

Established Member
Bobby Pires was the star in the first half, he was pulling the strings. After that most had good games.

Gilberto looked up for it as well which was a pleasant suprise :)

Mark

Established Member
yeah i think pires had a really good game. he gets my vote. him and henry are both brilliant together imo. gilberto and cygan looked good too.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I'm going for Kanu, Henry was excellent as ever today, but Kanu was always available and always able to hold the ball up, though some of his passing went a bit astray. Props to Bobby as well though

Gooner83

That volley from Pires was amazing, i thought it was in.

The kind of shot that makes you proud to be a gooner.

eikaz

pires is a very good player..i like him so much..but if pires palying with reyes in the squad..arsenal can be more stronger in the midfield.. ;D :mrgreen: ;D

reggiepaul

:lol: :lol:

er... ok ;D

Personally I don't think the team left second gear today and we're leaving the big guns for the bigger games. I think Henry and co could have got more in today but just took it easy.

motm? Kolo - for his non stopping running and hounding at the end of the game. HAVE IT!

D.Dappa

Pires was the one to watch today, Henry a close second, and Cygan had one of his good games that makes you quiote pleased he is in the sqaud, and didnt totally lose it like Stepanovs.

Holla

reggiepaul

I think it's a hard one to call. You can't always name Henry because he always stands out and makes a difference. Freddie was floored a lot so also deserved it. The hardest factor is - it wasn't arsenal at their best. We're still in second gear and it feels like we're leaving the big guns for the big games.

So I guess Kolo because it just made me laugh when he was trying to break everyone down. A new offensive strategy for all to muse over - the crazy striker.

Mark

Established Member
good that we didn't play at our best today, saving energy and still managed to win (and score more than one goal!!! :D ) very good and important achievement.

Andrew

Pires was outstanding, particularly early on. My MOTM. Henry has to rank up there, because he really won the match for us. And I thought Gilberto and Vieira were both exceptional today.

Top Bottom