MotM - PL: Birmingham vs Arsenal | 22/11/03

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by thierrys_girl, Nov 22, 2003.

?

Who was the Man of the Match?

Poll closed Nov 25, 2003.
  1. Lehmann

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Toure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Cygan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Campbell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ljungberg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Pires

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Bergkamp

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Henry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Kanu

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Feis-al

Feis-al New Member

Cygan was man of the match. He proved many that he can be a utility player and really did well yesterday.

2. Mark

Mark New Member Elite

i was worried about pires playing CM but he seemed to do well. even when we miss so many key players we don't really need to worry. a lot of our players are capable of playing in different positions which is very useful.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think it was Robert Pires. He played in the middle (Gilberto's position) and done very well with Edu. Also great performances by Titi and Cygan.

4. GoonerGurjit

GoonerGurjit New Member Elite

I certainly don't have any reservations about Pires playing CM. After all he played in CM in the 2001 Confederations Cup and was voted player of the tournament!

5. Incubus

Incubus New Member

Henry...no question.

Cygan and Bergy had blinders too.

6. Guns and Arses

Guns and Arses New Member

Henry was fantastic for creating all three goals, but IMO Pascal Cygan at the back is our unsung hero. He stole the show in our defensive department. He even had a better game than Sol.

7. Exiled In Newcastle

Exiled In Newcastle New Member

DB10. Like a pupeteer controlling the strings.

8. Senght

Senght New Member

Bergkamp, showed that there is still pace in him.

9. jc8gooner

jc8gooner New Member Elite

Dennis.

10. rachael-8

rachael-8 New Member

bergkamp for me,he was amazing.he seemed a totally different player.he seems to have rediscovered his pace,he ran along way and fast for a 34 yr old with his goal and with younger players chasing him
    and when the ball was in the corner when a brummie had it,he just turned up from nowhere,got the ball,but his little trick thing he did just went out
    he was great and led by example

11. thegame24

thegame24 New Member

bergkamp.

he brought it all together

12. seanconvey66

seanconvey66 New Member

Theres only one Dennis Bergkamp.......

He's still got it! In my opinion offers more to the team than wiltord or kanu so gota stay in!!!! Shame he's not going to Milan tho

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As much as i would like to give it to Dennis, there can only be one winner - Henry.

Dennis wasnt envolved in the last 20 of the first or first 20 of the second. Henry was a constant threat to their defence, assisted three goals and was the best player on the pitch by a mile.

Who voted for 'other' by the way?

14. Fee8

Fee8 New Member

Thierry gets my vote - totally unselfish, sets up 3 goals...need l say more?

l think not!!! :lol:

15. jeremiesgirl

jeremiesgirl New Member

Got to be Henry for me too...!

16. mauapa

mauapa New Member

henry.. i like his first goal assist the most

17. quattro

quattro Active Member

i picked cygan. he performed very well when everybody was saying he was little more than a waste of space. well he wasted space alright... the blues' that is.

bergkamp was unusually great and was an inspirational leader out there. his goal was just an icing to a solid performance.

thierry henry was... thierry henry. you could smell the fear in the defenders whenever he had the ball.

great finishes by ljungberg and pires. getting back in to form.

on subs... i thought kanu was great off the bench. that last goal started with him.

18. pome

pome New Member

i voted henry cos you dont get much better that 3 assists but i thought clichy looked very good

19. Taozhe

Taozhe New Member Trusted

Its gotta be Henry for having THREE ASSISTS and he's a FORWARD!! How often would u get that? ;D

20. Archie The Leper

Archie The Leper New Member

Bergkamp, even my mates who are scum supporters thought he was back to his best