• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Motm - PL: Blackburn Rovers vs Arsenal | 13/03/04

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Campbell

• Lauren

• Cole

• Vieira

• Edu

• Gilberto

• Pires

• Henry

• Reyes

• Cygan

• Clichy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Blackburn 0 - Arsenal 2

Thierry Henry 56
Robert Pires 87

Goals from Titi and Bobby in the second half saw us take 3 point from a tough game at Ewood Park. The Titi free-kick was just an amazing goal, the ball was precisely placed in the top right hand corner and gave us a deserved opener. The bobby goal was the follow up to the Gilberto goal attempt that hit the post and dropped for Bobby, he hit is hard and on target 2-0 :)

What do you guys think about Thierry's disallowed goal?

Still unbeaten and still 9 points clear, great weekend for the gunners so far :)

Who was your MOTM? Whoever it was vote and leave a comment before Tuesday.

tg signing off :)

Aussie

Established Member
I voted Henry for his supurb free kick also for his very cheeky goal that was disallowed.

Arsene

Henry's getting slightly to arrogant I feel recently I hope this trend does not continue. Vieira was our best today.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Arsène said:
Henry's getting slightly to arrogant I feel recently I hope this trend does not continue. Vieira was our best today.

Arrogant, Thierry :roll: in what way?

Senght

Toure for me. Was our saviour a few times and is solid. Toure > Oshea or Silvestre in my opinion.

raymond

Henry is the obvious choice because his free kick changed the match. But I'm going for Cole, who was up and down the touchline all day and cleared well off the line too. Vieira was a massive influence, but not always for the good--he kept giving the ball away. Edu was unusually quiet and Reyes erratic, but you can hardly blame them for their minds being elsewhere today. The Independent claims Reyes didn't even eat the day of the bombings.

I'm not sure whether the rules allow Henry's pickpocket routine, but they shouldn't. Otherwise we'd have strikers buzzing around the keeper like flies every time he kicks it. Didn't George Best do something like that many years ago? What was the general conclusion then?

Soler

Established Member
thierrys_girl said:
Arsène said:

Arrogant, Thierry :roll: in what way?

The little trick against Friedal, I assume.

Laxness

Reyes, erratic? I thought he had a great game, almost scored a cracker, very active in the second half. Sure a few errors, but Henry was ordinary before his goal.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Im voting for Lauren. I thought he was fantastic today. He performed some good runs up the right hand side with Gilberto, and he performed some key tackles which disallowed Cole, Gresko and Douglas some key crosses.

Lauren for me!

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Oh, and I do think the Henry goal should've been allowed. You can kind of look at it as an "un-written law" of football. Technically, it should've been allowed, but ethically it should'nt have been.

If that makes sense.

Jinn

Established Member
Paddy. Bossed the midfield, although he did give the ball away cheaply at times. Perhaps could have shot the ball when the opportunity arose.

But apart from that, good to see Vieira back to his best!

bobbypires

Established Member
star.JPG
star.JPG
star.JPG
Vieira
star.JPG
star.JPG
Henry
star.JPG
Pires / Lauren

Mark

Established Member
I was listening on the radio and from what I heard it sounded like Paddy played really badly but then when I saw the highlights it was the complete opposite. He was immense again and he gets my vote.

Henry is a close second, that freekick was a real beauty. :D

n_henry

No one stood out, but went for Henry.

As for the disallowed goal, I can't really decide one way or another... but I think if I had to choose, the right decision was made. If that was allowed, then everyone would start to hound the keeper during clearances, and we'd probably get variations of similar situations - just opening up the door for even more interpretations of the rules.

But on the flip side, I don't think Henry was guilty of 'dangerous play' (his studs weren't facing the keeper), nor was his foot raised dangerously high. And he certainly didn't "impede" or make contact with the keeper....

Latest posts

Top Bottom