• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Motm - PL: Blackburn Rovers vs Arsenal | 13/03/04

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Campbell

• Lauren

• Cole

• Vieira

• Edu

• Gilberto

• Pires

• Henry

• Reyes

• Cygan

• Clichy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andrew

I thought Vieira was good early on but seemed a bit tired in the second half and lost the ball a bit. I'll vote for Pires because I thought he was involved in just about everything going forward. He was everywhere and didn't give up the whole match.

I thought Reyes and Vieira were also good. Henry wasn't that good but scored a brilliant goal. Toure, Campbell and Lauren were all quite good in defence as well.

Pat's missing Gerbil

i voted for Ralphy.

He had a solid defensive game and got forward. The rest of the defence were good

Vieira had one of his worst games in a long time and his legs clearly went in the last 20mins. The premiership highlights were kind to him and did not show the frequent occasions he gave the ball away. If Gilberto played like Vieira did against blackburn the anti Silva groups would have had a field day.

Paddy was tired, 60% of his best, and had 5-6 good moments and was kicked and kicked by Rovers..........and naturally was still better than they were. Arsenal "fans" would have booed Gilberto for having the same game.

Pat's missing Gerbil

Senght said:
Gilberto showed that he was not a right winger. Please go back to central midfield Gil.
I agree mate.
He did ok for a converted central defender to central defensive midfielder! but if we asked Paddy to play there it would have been similar.

I like Edu but I am not sure how well he gells with Paddy (in that telepathic Vieira/Petit way that we long for). Same probably stands for Giberto. I dont think the edu/gilberto debate is clear cut. Both players are fantastic. I think that the positive thing is that le boss recognised Edu performances and he has done enough to be included. I also think that Gilberto's talents are hugely underrecognised. He grafts, and grafts, and allows others to play football. That takes alot of talent and modesty: to just play for the team.

Best thing is to have a positive selection problem: who to chose? rather than where can we find anyone to fill this position. Thats positive at this time in the season

Gone for Ralphie. Best game of the season for our somewhat unappreciated No. 12.

Thought Vieira was very impressive but I agree the highlights did flatter him a bit

As for Henry, he won us the game with his goal, so i can sort of see why people voted for him, but apart from that he didn't really do a great deal

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Ralphie - I've never been a great fan of his (at right back) but he was outstanding.

Gotta agree about Paddy having a mare. I was gobsmacked when the Premiership tried to make out he had a great game, he was awful for much of the game. To be honest he should have been the first player subbed.

AFCG7

Established Member
Ralph and Kolo .
Vieira seemed to be switched off for moments in the game.. not a good performance from him.

kNiteMare

I dunno why people say Vieira was the best, he give away the balls a few times and he wasnt that good today. Nor was Henry and pires tbh. I think Campell and Toure are superb today and toure got my vote with campell following closely.

A

Anonymous

I cant believe people are saying Vieira had a bad game!!

He was excellent. I lost count of the number of their attacks he broke up, headers won and of course his part in our second goal, and that great run to set up Pires.

He may have given the ball away cheaply a couple of times, but he seems to always to that now. Edu's passing was far worse in that game though, he gave away a couple of awful passes, but as he is flavour of the month no one notices.

Pat's missing Gerbil

Sol said:
I cant believe people are saying Vieira had a bad game!!

it may be a relative thing. Is Vieira judged against Edu or himself?
Personally although Paddy did alot of good things it was IMHO only 60% of his top flight. I totally agree that Paddy's 60 is better than many players 110%. He just looked cream crackered particularly in the last 20 when they pushed at us. At one 1-0 up with the home team coming at you full on you want Paddy to stand tall, but he looked done in (maybe all those unpunished kicks he got during the game caught up).

Perhaps some of the good things that people see in Edu: his attacking game and passing, means that Paddy has to do more defensively. Gilberto (Mr Polyfilla) does alot of work to cover cracks in midfield defensively which must make Vieira's life easier.

reggiepaul

I thought Vieira had a great game too and really broke apart their defence and midfield but I think this wouldn't have been possible without Gilberto. Yes Gilberto was out of position but he filled in and made some great passes as well as cohesively (or like pollyfilla...) bringing our posession in to check while operating on the right. Weird yes, but Gilberto get's my MOTM for being out of traditional position but operating to give arsenal dominance during the game.

KingReyes

Established Member
Pat's missing Gerbil said:
KingReyes said:
Vieira...DA MAN

True! but DA MAN had an off day

I think most will agree that they all had an off day when it came to scoring. But Paddy managed to get a string of passes going and that made us stronger. Also he setup Gilberto who hit the post which led to Pires' goal.

reggiepaul

Gilberto's shot was grabbed by the keeper but was otherwise going on, and the keeper was Friedel who isn't exactly pants between the post.

I felt the players looked tired as well in the first half but later grabbed and held posession to dominate Blackburn and win the game.

Pat's missing Gerbil

reggiepaul said:
bringing our posession in to check while operating on the right. Weird yes, but Gilberto get's my MOTM for being out of traditional position but operating to give arsenal dominance during the game.

yeah i can see where you are coming from with that

i went for Ralphy because he like Gilberto is a literally "unsung" hero.

no credit

no song

gets on with the job

perhaps deserves better from the arsenal faithful

Top Bottom