• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Bolton vs Arsenal | 20/12/03

Who was our best player on the firld?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Campbell

• Toure

• Clichy

• Cygan

• Ljungberg

• Vieira

• Gilberto

• Pires

• Bergkamp

• Henry

• Parlour

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Is it me, or is everyone getting sick of Arsenal drawing all the time?

Don't get me wrong, i very happy that our unbeaten run is still going,im proud of our boys and still love them to bits. I was thinking about the unbeaten run thing the other day and came the conclusion that even if we do go unbeaten for the whole season we are not therefore the ones that will win the Championship because Chelsea who have lost two games(one to Bolton) and one to us are on equal points to us.

I didn't see the game, but read many match reports and they seem to think that Bolton deserved the point that they got. Is that true?

Anyway, enough of my whinging. Who did you think was our Man of the Match? Whoever you thought it was leave a comment to justify your choice. Can gooners also answer my questions i left in my post above.

Poll closes on Wednesday (Christmas Eve)

thierrys_girl signing off :)

XxGoonaStuxX

Lehmann aswell. Im just happy we at least got 1 point and that he managed to keep us in it.
Well. I expect us to bounce back of course.....

thierrys_girl

Established Member
I have a question for voters on the Man of the Match poll, do you lot read the post i put at the begining of the poll?

slapz

thierrys_girl said:
I have a question for voters on the Man of the Match poll, do you lot read the post i put at the begining of the poll?

sometimes but other times i just vote.... sorry

Andrew

For me there's no doubt who MOTM was... but ratings first:

Lehmann - 9/10 - Made a brilliant save and a few good ones as well. Collected everything he could. Was caught of his line once but that was because he punched the ball away from a dangerous situation.
Toure - 8/10 - Was one of our better players. Dangerous in attack and OK in defence. Wasn't perfect though.
Clichy - 7/10 - Thought he actually played really well. Made some great interceptions, good dribbles and is very quick. Think he'll be a star of the future. But some players got past him a bit to easy and his passing let him down.
Cygan - 4/10 - I've been defending him for a long time but that performance was horrible. Constantly caught out of position.
Campbell - 6/10 - Solid and made some good intereceptions.
Ljungberg - 7/10 - Tried really hard, particularly early on. Any dangerous move we made seemed to have him involved. Really impressed with his defensive work as well.
Pires - 5/10 - Scored the goal, made some good one-touches, but was pretty ordinary apart from that.
Vieira - 5/10 - Not his best obviously. Had patches of good but mainly was bad. Lost the ball far too much. I'll excuse him this time because of injury but not next.
Gilberto - 7/10 - Did his job well today. Can't fault him too much.
Bergkamp - 5/10 - Dissapointing. He had one really bad shot and wasn't in the game that much. Did well to win the ball back which lead to the goal though.
Henry - 6/10 - Wasn't really in the match. When he got it he looked dangerous but Bolton really took him out of the match as well as possible.

MOTM - Lehmann. He's been consistent throughout the season but his last two performances have shown why he is rated so highly. If it wasn't for him we would have no doubt lost. It's no coincidence that we are still undefeated this season.

satan_beckham

toure is my man of the match,and i dont clichy played that well as u said,he is not a attacking threat like cole and i have doubt about his defending since most of bolton attacks came from our left flank.

bobbypires

Established Member
i.p.fav.gif
i.p.fav.gif
i.p.fav.gif
Toure
i.p.fav.gif
i.p.fav.gif
Lehmann
i.p.fav.gif
Pires

SydneyGunnerFan

i say lehmann he was saving all the goals clearing the crosses that came in and doing what a normal keeper would do but i feel for him when that goal went past him but it was a top shoot and a good effort to try and save it

rachael-8

i voted for jens lehmann
the past 2 games he's been magnificent
against blackburn he caught every cross and was just great
against bolton,what a superb fingertip save to deny kevin nolan.
hes been consistant this season and i feel very confident and comfortable with him in goal

Sammer

Established Member
Lehmann. If it wasn´t for him, we would have lost that game. And its not the first game, he kept us in by his presence and his saves.
So he definately deserves to be man of the match.

Him and Kolo are the main difference to last season........ ;D

Webdesignlab

Established Member
bobbypires said:
i.p.fav.gif
i.p.fav.gif
i.p.fav.gif
Toure
i.p.fav.gif
i.p.fav.gif
Lehmann
i.p.fav.gif
Pires

Hey I like those
i.p.fav.gif
i.p.fav.gif
i.p.fav.gif

Lehmann for me, if we had him last year we would have won the title.

Toure is a superb RB, keep him there and buy Mexes. He has so much pace going forwards seems a shame to tie him to CB. Every time he makes a run he makes me laugh with his penguin arms flapping. He scares the hell out of defenders. He has assisited in our last 2 PL goals.

Wait maybe Toure is MOTM, well, no Lehmann still for me, but close.

Latest posts

Top Bottom