• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Bolton Wanderers vs Arsenal | 20/09/08

Man of the Match: Bolton Wanderers

• Almunia

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Eboue

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Song

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Denilson

Votes: 40 72.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Established Member
Top of the league, all be it for possibly one night, and many pleasing performances throughout the side.

Almunia was very reassuring in goal. Bolton had just as many shots on target as us, and he made some good saves to keep us infront. Besides the goal from the corner in which he was helpless with, he also claimed alot of corners and crosses coming in to help ease the pressure.

Song was also very impressive coming in to the side for a difficult away game. Eboue had possibly his best performance in the Arsenal midfield since being moved from right back, but yet again, Denilson is my man of the match. People may say he doesn't have the same engine as Flamini, but I think he covered just about every single blade of grass. He also grabbed his second league goal of the season to wrap up another brilliant performance. Alot questioned his current ability to step up into the side (or more of whether he can do it consistently), but he's really proving why Arsène has faith in the lad. Keep it up.

If you disagree with my choice of the four, then there's the "other" selection. Just post your choice. Poll closes Tuesday night.

:D

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Re: Man of the Match: Bolton Wanderers

That was quick. This one is tough. I had to go for Denilson in the end for his all around play and effort from beginning to end. He also had to play in various positions throughout and handled it well. I'd have given it to Al if he had had a few more shots thrown his way, but as it is he's a close second. The defense was so messy at times in the box, but was better in the second half. So, yeah, Denilson for me.

arsmile

Established Member

i'm struggling, i think it's a dead heat between al, ebs and song...have to think about it

regele

Established Member

I went with other on this one and I for one would give it to Ade, I thought he was excellent today, linking up well with everyone(especially Cesc) and permanently running as always. He was unlucky not to score one today, but got an assist and seemed really unselfish out there.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Definately Denilson for me, even though I think everyone in our midfield did well today.

We look like we have got our swagger back. This is the third good performance in the league isn't it?

Lukazan

Established Member

Denilson, but there were some great performances. Song, Eboue and Almunia were all great.

Webdesignlab

Established Member

I went for Almunia. He was on fire. Looks very promising ... could he be what we need at last?

Special shout out at Denilson. Brilliant. Theo is coming on great also. He is scaring the opposition, so different than last season.

I think that was our most important win so far. Big win.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

No fight. Denilson straight.

Very easy choice

IBL

Established Member

It was Denilson but I'll give it to Eboue, not only did he score but he also didnt dive once....not unless that stream was deceiving me.

Denilson was quality, makes for a great attacking midfielder

nazo

Established Member

Based on first half Eboue, Song, Denilson and Bendtner were great. Too bad i missed the second.

qs

Established Member

I have to say Denilson too. Out standing in the last couple of games.

Rohit

Established Member

Denilson for me too, his movement off the ball is extremely good from midfield, scored a goal, assisted one and made most passes. He needs to get better defensively but is showing improvements which is obvious with games.

Ricky_AFC

Eboue - Excellent first half. Faded a bit in the second but was still doing a solid job.

Special mentions to Bendtner and Denilson.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom