• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Charlton Athletic vs Arsenal | 01/01/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Almunia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Campbell

• Toure

• Cole

• Vieira

• Ljungberg

• Clichy

• Fabregas

• Henry

• Van Persie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Established Member
It's great to see that the migraine problems haven't affected Freddie. He's carried on performing just like he was before these problems. I was worried his form would dip. Great to see it hasn't.

seb_afc

Established Member
Watching the game behind the goal really does show you just how much running the players do. i must give my vote to patrick in the middle. Back to his best against Charlton, protecting our defence and breaking up charlton attacks. well done paddy!

sabret00the

Established Member
i don't often go into detail of why i pick who i pick, but i thought this time it truly deserved it based on the posts of the thread, i've seen names thrown about and even in other threads and thought truly guys what the **** were you watching, i think it should be manditory to say if you saw the full match or not so your opinion can count for half a vote if not, ok so here goes.

you look at the match and it's easier to seperate it into 4, given the roles of each player.

Goalie, Defence, Midfielder, Attack

none were outstanding if i'm honest, but hey this was a match during the xmas period and not only that we're grinding otu results so lets go easy on em.

Goalie, very solid, infact he's starting to look amazing for us, can't really fault him even if he did had a bood.

Defence, wow this one was hard, at times it just looked nuts and others it looked nice, all in all, the right back was awful but i'll go into that when i look at the midfield, the central defence was amazing and rightly so deserve your votes, the left back, Ashely's still not looking great but he's looking ok and gratefully his bad days are alright enough in the prem.

Midfield, i'll start witht eh wingers as to be honest i fault both wingers played very poorly and this led to the rest of the midfield looking poor, Freddie left Hoyte really exposed with his runs and considering we're playing a rookie he should've had more consideration, this lead to Paddy being stretched who was trying to cover for Freddie and Clichy was just all round bollocks, does he know how to move the ball forward when it leaves his feet? i used to be very impressed with the lad but in that left wing position, he's so ****e. now that leaves fabregas, he's just not a match for danny murphy and looked small trying to win the ball, but one on one with danny murphy he still didn't do too badly, imo him and paddy were the highlight of a poor midfield, yes despite freddie's goals.

Attack now, this was actually my favourite part of the pitch for the game, you look at the runs henry was making and he was working hard, the spirit that was showed was amazing, like after the first goal the calling RVP over and the cuddling for the third goal :lol: all in all i felt both players played well, Henry dragged playes all about the place and RVP was involved in all the goals to a certain extent. that's right folks i gave my vote to RVP.

Subs: Pires was bollocks, but he was playing outta position and has proven on more than one occasion he can't do the job there. Senderos i dunno why folks are syaing he aint good enough, virtually his first touch and he put Freddie through, Pennant, he came on and he seems to be part of Arsenal as Henry tried to tee him up for a shot, but he really doesn't beam with confidence.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Vieira..did very well to protect the defense..especially when Sol left. Did not move forward taht much..this is the closest i have seen him trying to do a Gilberto(staying put.and limiting his runs forward).

seb_afc

Established Member
from the highlights, people are clearly going to vote for freddie. but if you were there you would have seen just how well paddy did for us. freddie grabbed the headlines with his goals of course but patrick was our unsung hero at the valley. a great captains performance and for once he didnt get booked!

thierrys_girl

Established Member
The Arsenal-Mania Man of the Match award for this game goes to Freddie Ljungberg who had 49% of the votes and who scored two important goals.

1602.jpg

Well done Freddie :)

Look out for the article which will be on the homepage soon, congrats to KingReyes and James whose quotes from this thread made it onto the article.

Please vote in the POTM poll if you haven't already and vote in the MOTm poll for the Man City game.

tg :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom