• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Everton vs Arsenal | 15/08/04

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Lauren

• Ljungberg

• Fabregas

• Reyes

• Bergkamp (c)

• Henry

• Cygan

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bobbypires

Established Member
star.JPG
star.JPG
star.JPG
Cesc Fabregas
star.JPG
star.JPG
Dennis Bergkamp
star.JPG
Freddie Ljungberg

Aussie

Established Member
Really you could give it to either Dennis or Cesc. Both were amazing and both deserve it. Cesc for the fact that he looked like he has been playing for us for about 5 years and Dennis is like a good battery. He just keeps on going.

raymond

I think the cult of Cesc is getting out of hand. He wasn't anywhere near the best player on the pitch Sunday, why should he be man of the match? Is there a lower standard for youngsters? And we shouldn't assume that just because he's young he'll automatically improve from year to year either. Look at Jenas who I think has gone backwards since joining Newcastle, or at Nii Lamptey, Pele's choice as his "natural successor".

I would give MOTM in equal parts to Reyes, Bergkamp, Henry, and Ljungberg. They were the players who tore Everton apart.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Also looking at the results so far I think there is definite bias towards Reyes & Fabregas because they are new and young. Freddie was superb yesterday; he was creative, worked hard, made a number of superb runs and could have scored a couple. If he was 20 people would be creaming themselves.

Gurgen

Established Member
Bergkamp was the director but Freddie and Reyes were also great. Thierry did his job as well.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
If there's a bias towards Reyes and Fabregas, it'only because Reyes was instrumental in the first goal and scored the second and Fabregas came into the centre of midfield for the champions aged 17 and didn't look out of his depth at all. Some feat for a 17 year old!

johe

It's really a close call, but I've decided to go for Mr. Bergkamp.

The way he was drifting down deep was reminicent of his best days, spreading passes, making dribbles past Evertonians seem easy. He also allowed for more movement by our wingers today than was seen last season, dropping quite deep to play alongside Cesc with Gilberto going down really deep in front of the back four and thus allowing Freddie and Reyes to be more free in their attacking movement. After all, in Reyes' goal, Reyes was in the box despite being a left winger, and the cross came from Ljungberg, who was way out on the left even though he was a right winger. Henry, Reyes and Cesc were swapping postitions quite frequently, and Bergkamp feeding them all, setting up many 1-2's and orchestrating play between them.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
The poll is now closed so thanks to everyone that voted, all 125 of you :!:

The MOTM is our stand in captain for the day Dennis Bergkamp.
1608.jpg

Well done Dennis :)

Look out for the MOTM article for this game on the homepage soon

tg signing off

Top Bottom