• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Fulham vs Arsenal | 11/09/04

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cole

• Cygan

• Ljungberg

• Vieira

• Fabregas

• Henry

• Bergkamp

• Reyes

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Fulham 0 - Arsenal 3

Goal scorers:
Arsenal: Ljungberg, Reyes and O.G
Fulham: none

3 more points, top of the league by two and still unbeaten. It was a great day for us but it was tough, very tough espically in the first half, they applied alot of pressure and played like they had nothing to lose. But by the hour mark our boys stepped into gear, a great pass from Thierry to Freddie saw us take the lead and then double it thamks to an own goal by a Fulham defender. Now at 2-0 we looked like the Arsenal that we all love, playing like Champions and with a extra bit of class. Then a great ball from Bergkamp set up Reyes and he scored, thats 6 in 6 matches what a record.

My MOTM: Its a tough choice between Lehmann and Ljungberg. Lehmann had a great game and made some very good saves but Ljungberg brought well needed life into our team and looked like the only one to score in the first half. Cygan also deserves a special mention, he played really well today.

Who was your MOTM? whoever it was vote and leave a comment before Monday evening.

tg signing off :)

p.s Good luck to the boys againest PSV on tuesday night :!:

Aussie

Established Member
Im going to give it to Fred. He was making some nice runs and seemed to be in that mood where he is just full of beans and he brought a bit of life into the team. Lets hope he can contiune his good form as we all know he has been struggling a bit of late.

Special mention to Jens however i thought he had a very solid game. Keep up the good work.

Soler

Established Member
Freddie Ljungberg.

He was great in what was a pretty ordinary performance. Well timed runs all throughout the game despite some poor finishing in the first half. He deserved his goal. He came back to defend as much as he could and really made Bocanegra look like an amateur defender.

Special mentions to Lehmann and Cygan, who were both very solid today. Jens pulled off some excellent saves and Salpac was solid in defence playing the offside trap smartly with the K-Dawg.

Canuck

Established Member
I didn't get to watch the match, but I've read the report on numerous websites and from what I've heard on A-M as well it sounds like the logical choice would be our Freddie. Good work! :mrgreen:

Guns and Arses

A tough choice between Ljungberg and Cygan, but I'm going for Ljungberg, he was all over the pitch and worked extremely hard. Cygan was the best defender on the pitch, he made all the crucial blocks and interceptions. Special mention - Jens Lehmann.

mood

Cygan was the best player in the 1st half. - I am going to vote for him because I know Ljungberg is going to get the rest of the votes.

1 player who also deserves alot of credit from the game is Reyes, who changed the game when he got on.

Henry was dead on goal, but played really well otherise.

Double_H

Established Member
Lehmann 2 me ...he saved us in the First Half
Ash was Great too
i was watchin the match with a friend and i told him its Freddies game and he will score

;D

A

Anonymous

A tough choice between Ljungberg and Cygan, but I'm going for Ljungberg, he was all over the pitch and worked extremely hard. Cygan was the best defender on the pitch, he made all the crucial blocks and interceptions. Special mention - Jens Lehmann.
You are taking the absolute piss!! cygan was the worst player on the pitch. He was running around like a headless chicken. Always out of position, his passes went astray his touch was piss poor and about 3 times he tried to clear it, it hit his shin and went in the other direction.
Cole was good, henry created abit.
bergkamp was poor as was pires.

malagar

Quoting our Manager - I didnt see the incident :(
As I didnt see the game I wont vote on who was MOM , but it seems that Thierry and Bergie are also worth to mention - The reports say that their passes were the key in all of the goals

Gurgen

Established Member
theguvnor said:
You are taking the absolute piss!! cygan was the worst player on the pitch. He was running around like a headless chicken. Always out of position, his passes went astray his touch was piss poor and about 3 times he tried to clear it, it hit his shin and went in the other direction.
Cole was good, henry created abit.
bergkamp was poor as was pires.

Exactly I don't understand this Cygan worshipping all of a sudden. All of his passes went to Fulham midfielders. Defending is not just clearing the ball away like a mongrel people, you have to do some build up as well.

That said, I thought Reyes was the one with the biggest impact. Dennis gave some good passes as well and Freddie did a great job too, but you got to hand it to Reyes.

bobbypires

Established Member
star.JPG
star.JPG
star.JPG
Freddie Ljungberg
star.JPG
star.JPG
Jens Lehmann
star.JPG
José Antonio Reyes

tbbosa

Lehman was by far the best player on that pitch. Freddie missed alot of simple chances.
Cygan did so well!!! Some people I now believe just hate him, however hard he works. :(

Special mention to Henry,Reyes and Cole.

Pires was so poor, this must rank amongst his worst performances I have ever seen...it was unbelievable. DB10 was poor too by his standards!!!

Gurgen

Established Member
tbbosa said:
Cygan did so well!!! Some people I now believe just hate him, however much he works.

And some people just don't want to face reality :roll:

Believe me, I have better things to do than hate a bald Frenchman :lol:

patrick42uk

Established Member
i think reyes' introduction turned the game in our favour. his pace against the tiring legs of the fulham players was probably the difference between a draw and a victory. so i'll go for reyes

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Cygan was the best defender out there yesterday. The fullbacks did well going forward but got caught of position a few times, Kolo had a decent game but was slightly out of sorts.

People don't complain that Sol's distribution is poor, because he does a great job in defence, as Cygan did yesterday. The midfield didn't retain possession particularily well and the defence was put under a lot of pressure. We have Cygan largely to thank for the clean sheet.

tbbosa

kaids said:
Cygan was the best defender out there yesterday. The fullbacks did well going forward but got caught of position a few times, Kolo had a decent game but was slightly out of sorts.

People don't complain that Sol's distribution is poor, because he does a great job in defence, as Cygan did yesterday. The midfield didn't retain possession particularily well and the defence was put under a lot of pressure. We have Cygan largely to thank for the clean sheet.

Well said!!

Mark

Established Member
Ljungberg worked hard and was active throughout. He gets my vote just ahead of Lehmann and Reyes the super sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom