• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal | 28/11/04

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Campbell

• Toure

• Cole

• Lauren

• Vieira

• Fabregas

• Ljungberg

• Henry

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
_40546491_liv_arsenal150.gif

Liverpool 2 - Arsenal 1

Arsenal goal scorer: Patrick Vieira

Beaten for the 2nd time this season :( Liverpool opened the scoring and held their lead until early in the season half when a goal made by Pires and Henry on the edge of the box was converted by Vieira. With seconds left Liverpool scored the winner and took all three points much to the delight of Moriniho, i bet.

Waking up at 3am was such a bad idea :( i only got 6 hours sleep and had to go to school for my Year 11 orientation

Anyway, the match is over now and the month of November is slowly comming to an end, which is always difficult month for our boys.

Ive been waiting for our bouncebackability since our defeat at Man Utd and it hasn't arrived so far but hopefully this will be a turning point and make the boys think about defending the title and not giving up on that dream of retaining that title.

MY MOTM: Ash Cole

Who was our MOTM? Whoever you reckon it was make sure you vote and leave a comment before Tuesday evening.

tg :?

kazu

voted for ljungberg, worked hard all game and managed to beat riise on several occasions.

notable mentions:
vieira - drives the team on and a fantastic goal. shame about the dive though.
fabregas - good distribution and comfortable on the ball.

Mark

Established Member
Vieira had a mixed game. He gave the ball away a few times but he always won it back so it's difficult to judge. I give him my vote anyway as he scored a great goal and there wasn't anyone else particularly impressive.

seb_afc

Established Member
voted for sol. he didnt put a foot wrong. vieira for me had too poor a first half to be my motm

sabret00the

Established Member
Paddy, we finally got our captain back, he was shouting, cleaning up, driving from within, he was a ****ing hero out there (me ignores the first half of the match completely)

gash

Vieira was fuggen diabolical in the first half and should have got a second yellow for that ridiculous dive. As it happens, if he was sent off he'd have been suspended for the Birmingham game but now he's going to miss the Chelsea game. Mellor's goal was spectacular but Vieira and Mellor initially challenged for the ball, it dropped behind them both but Mellor turned and ran on to it unchallenged by Vieira who never bothered to turn and chase. He did come good in the second half and definetely dragged us back into a game we never deserved to win but my MOTM was Ash Cole.

The geeezer put himself about, wasn't beaten and looked like our only threat whenever he got forward. The guy is always consistent and always gives it 100%.

If only we had 11 Ashley Coles out there in November.

Biggus

Established Member
seb_afc said:
voted for sol. he didnt put a foot wrong. vieira for me had too poor a first half to be my motm

Apart from failing to deal with that long ball to Kewell and costing us the game :?
I think Paddy is at last showing his commitment to us.

KoLo28

Biggus said:
seb_afc said:

Apart from failing to deal with that long ball to Kewell and costing us the game :?
I think Paddy is at last showing his commitment to us.

LOL!! Imagine if it was Gilberto and Cygan!

Ratinho

Established Member
I watched a different game.

I saw Vieira give the ball away, a lot, and then try and get sent off. Not only that, he was just as much at fault for their winner, as anyone. My opinion is that the goal is masking a lot of views.

Thought it was a very poor performance, against an average side who just outfought us. Kolo, I guess. He's the only one I thought even had a good game, never mind Man of the Match.

seb_afc

Established Member
yeah well said. pple even on this forum in the first half were saying how bad vieira was playing and then he scores a goal and all of a sudden hes a hero. i like patrick very much i just dont think hes playing to the best of his ability at the moment.

Biggus

Established Member
Ratinho said:
I watched a different game.

I saw Vieira give the ball away, a lot, and then try and get sent off. Not only that, he was just as much at fault for their winner, as anyone. My opinion is that the goal is masking a lot of views.

Thought it was a very poor performance, against an average side who just outfought us. Kolo, I guess. He's the only one I thought even had a good game, never mind Man of the Match.

Watch it again if you get the chance -Long kick from kirkland to Kewell-Kolo and especially Sol as the "senior CB" should have sent it into row Z- crunch into each other and Kewell -total lack of decisiveness, confidance and communication.....

thierrys_girl

Established Member
The Man of the Match poll is now closed, thanx to everyone that voted and those that left comments.

The Arsenal-Mania Man of the Match award for the Liverpool game is Patrick Vieira who recieved 55% of the votes and scored our goal.

1593.jpg

Well done Paddy

Please make sure you all vote in the Player of the Month poll that closes next week and look out for the Man of the Match poll for the Birmingham game.

Thanks for your continued support with the MOTM and POTM polls.

tg :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom