• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | 09/04/06

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Senderos

• Flamini

• Gilberto

• Fabregas

• Hleb

• van Persie

• Adebayor

• Eboue

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain

Established Member
raphael_as said:
Just out of interest, for those who voted for Lehmann;

did he really do anything more then you would expect of an international goalkeeper?
You could just as easily turn that on it's head - did Gilberto really do anything more then you'd expect a world-cup winning DCM to do?

We're talking about a match where there were not many highlight performances for us, but I think most of us have acknowledged that Gilberto and Lehmann were the best of the bunch and that it was a toss-up between the two. So which one any individual decides was better is simply a matter of plonking your vote down on one or the other for whatever reason.....

Yes, he did. He not only swept and gave the easy ball, but he was everywhere, played some of our best passes from midfield and was a very strong, vocal captain.

Lehmann made saves that I would expect him to make and not much more. He didn't seem to be communicating with his backline as well as he has in recent months and his marshalling of the area wasn't as strong.

Captain

Established Member
fanatic gooner said:
JML said:
Henry_Pires said:
Hello everbody, it's not Senderos fault.
He was out of position on both goals.

Yeah, definately not his fault. :roll:

In both goals Sendero could easely have done better

The first one was exceptionally difficult to defend, and if anyone was going to recover it should have been Flamini, but he's shown in the past that his reaction speed isn't the best.

The second goal was Eboue's fault, he tracked Park's run, stopped, went towards the ball and by the time Rooney had crossed it he was too far away from Park to do anything.

Tegh

Established Member
Senderos was an inch away from cutting that ball out, and then an inch away again when trying to block the strike. The tackle on RVP was a very strong one and at first glance I thought it was a foul, I'm still not sure about it.

The second wasn't really anyone's fault persay, but Eboue should have done better with tracking Park's run, it was on his blind side so it was difficult.

We deserved to lose.

raphael_as

Yes, he did. He not only swept and gave the easy ball, but he was everywhere, played some of our best passes from midfield and was a very strong, vocal captain.

Lehmann made saves that I would expect him to make and not much more. He didn't seem to be communicating with his backline as well as he has in recent months and his marshalling of the area wasn't as strong.
Which is quite simply your opinion.

I could argue that Gilberto gave the ManU midfield (and Giggs in particular) far too much space and didn't track back well when play was going down the flanks to help out Toure and Senderos who were obviously having trouble with Rooney and Van Nistleroy/Saha. No argument about him being a good captain, but I don't really include that in my consideration for MOTM - YMMV.

On the reverse side Lehmann I feel did exceptionally well to keep the score-line down, not only in making a number of good saves (sure nothing spectacular but still good solid saves) but also in keeping together a backline that at times was in danger of getting overwhelmed by a very active and dynamic ManU forward line.

Seriously, when people are voting for Eboue and RvP it is obvious that everyone has their own views on the game and how it was played by our boys - I really can't understand why you feel the need to question other people's opinions.....

Captain

Established Member
I'm not questioning other people's opinion; I asked a direct question which you answered with reasons.

At the same time you asked me a question which I answered with reasons.

That's it. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom