• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | 24/10/04

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Campbell

• Cole

• Lauren

• Toure

• Vieira

• Ljungberg

• Edu

• Reyes

• Henry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

informed1

Chips&CurrySauce said:
Yeah Lauren was superb, that tackle on Giggs was amazing. Lauren closely followed by Edu, Ashely and Lauren

:lol: Lauren was that good that you thought there were two of them on the pitch

Lauren closely followed by Edu, Ashely and Lauren

by all accounts it seems cole gets it especially playing through the pain of the rvn assualt.....someone should have called the police.

James

Established Member
I think Ralph really deserves it. He has been getting alot of undeserved stick lately and yesterday he played his heart out and gave 110%

A

Anonymous

Florida Gooner said:
From what I hear, the MOTM was Mike Riley. Oh, wait, he's not ours! :wink:

for crying our loud when will people start calling manu riley by his real name, i've told you once if i've told you a thousand times, HE'S CHANGED IT VIA DEED POLL...............AGHHHH

A

Anonymous

James said:
I think Ralph really deserves it. He has been getting alot of undeserved stick lately and yesterday he played his heart out and gave 110%

he was my motm, however the stick he has been getting lately was well justified, you only have had to have seen him play yesterday to see how much better he can play.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
ashley for me. so much fight. kicked the crap out of all of the manure forward line. rode an injury to continue killing them in the second half. reminded ronaldo that tricks and flicks dont mean **** against class defenders. the best leftback alive.

Mark

Established Member
Ashley Cole again for me. He plays with great determination. Was doing so much yesterday both defensively and in attack. Gonna be a legend. Future captain for me.

The Mini

Reyes was my MOTM. Any player that runs like that and can survive 70 mins after ManUre players were purposely going out to hack his weak angle is my best.

Gunner Ossie

Now see how this poll makes a lot of people in this forum look like ****ing idiots.

Last week and the week before i read constant posts about how **** edu is and how he should be 5th chioce blah blah lah. I cant tell you how they pissed me off (i wont mention any names SOL cough cough)

Well if that was so how the **** has he managed to get more votes than vieira? and dont start on that vieira's fitness **** coz edu aint exactly been getting games recently either.

Lets just hope he has not visited this forum over the past 2 weeks and read anything, coz if he has, i'll be suprised if he aint already used that contract arsenal offered him to save himself a few quid on bog paper

Lukazan

Established Member
Ljungberg.

Looked like he wanted it from the minute the game started, 'till the minute it stopped.

By far our best player going forward.

bobbypires

Established Member
star.JPG
star.JPG
star.JPG
Ashley Cole
star.JPG
star.JPG
Edu
star.JPG
Lauren

goonerlove

I thought it was a close call... not the best game from us in terms of crispness and passing, but here are the people I thought were really solid (in the following order):

1) Ljungberg - ran his butt off, was tough and crafty and made good runs... should have at least gotten a foul on that play with Rio.

2) Cole - other than almost giving away a penalty to Ronaldo, he played well and kept the ManUre team quiet.

3) Lauren - very solid. He is winning me over the more I watch him...

4) Campbell - solid. Unlucky to get the penalty for his phantom challenge.

5) Toure - solid. And useful in attack at the end when he came up. Showed just how versatile he really is.

6) Reyes - not an amazing performance, but gritty and solid. He was getting hacked every chance the ManUre's got. They obviously fear him.

7) Edu - actually a decent performance. Solid.

8) Lehmann - nothing bad about his performance. Made saves when necessary but wasn't really tested much. No chance on penalty or the other goal.

I thought Henry, Bergkamp (blasphemy I know), Vieira, and Pires had sub-par performances, especially Vieira. While Vieira did a decent job covering space and making life tough on the ManUre attack, his passing was woeful. Henry was shut down by Rio - he can do better. Bergkamp was neutralized by a smart ManUre strategy but I expect more from him (yes, I am spoiled) - and he should have done better with his one chance in the box. Pires came on and offered little inspiration (again, I am spoiled - I expect him to score every time he comes off of the bench!).

Personally, I was mostly disappointed with our passing - especially from our midfield. And I was disappointed that we resorted to so many longballs when we were trying to come back. It isn't our game and it showed. We should have put in RVP earlier in the match IMHO - I think he is the kind of gritty player that will help us in these types of matches. If you rely totally on skill and wit (3 out of 4 attacking players and almost 4/4), ManUre is sure to adopt the same exact strategy on us next time.

Goonerlove

orion

This was vry much a team performance, but both Ash and Lauren played very well, Giggs was never in the game and Ronaldo also had very little room to manouver in. Freddie was lively in the first half and was very close to getting clear on a few occassions, Edu and Reyes also deserve a mention, but I'll go with Lauren, for all the stick he seames to get, this was a very disicplined and balanced showing from him.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
The poll is now closed, thanx to everyone that voted and those that left comments.

The Offical Arsenal-Mania MOTM award goes to Ashley Cole, who had 27% of the votes.
3785.jpg

Well Done Baby Ash :)

Look out for the article which will be on the homepage soon!

tg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom