• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Middlesbrough vs Arsenal | 09/04/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Cole

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lauren

• Toure

• Senderos

• Pires

• Fabregas

• Vieira

• Gilberto

• Henry

• Reyes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
]Middlesbrough 0 - Arsenal 1

Goal: Robert Pires

A second half Pires goal saw Arsenal close the gap on Chelsea to 11 points and move 3 points clear of Man U who lost to Norwich in the late kick-off. Would have been nice if Chelsea lost today but I am happy that Birmingham took some points off them.

Who was our MOTM? Vote and leave a comment before Monday.

tg :)

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I didn't watch the game, but from comments I've been readin all over the web, Ashley seemed to have had a good game.

He gets my vote.

sabret00the

Established Member
For me it's less about who played best but more who didn't put a foot wrong, Ashley had a solid game and played out of his skin, to question his commitment to the club after a performance like that would leave me dumbfounded, though for someone who likes to push up as much as him, he should've scored with his chance late in the second half. The over players who managed to play well despite mistakes mind you, were Senderos and Gilberto, Gilberto showed fatique in the last half hour giving away balls to mar a very solid performance, funnily enough they were all given away in the final third, and Senderos had a blunder but it was three less than Toure, his organisation of the backline was again inspirational and he done a great job on Hasselbaink.

Saying all that though, our strikers were poor, our widemen poorer and our nessessity to go through the centre was nothing short of stupid, i do hope that in the summer we get some back-up/replacement for the right wing and aquire the services of a left winger as what i saw today was unacceptiable, Paddy shouldn't have got to touch the pitch in the second half and in the centre it was Cesc who looked the most comfortable, it was a shame to see our captain having a bad game after a run of nicer games. Toure was a player who upset me today, he went from looking fantastic to doing stupidness time and time again, if it wasn't heading the ball out of his keepers hands, then it was clearining the ball two metres into a strikers path. It was a game where we could've really done with pace and width and i would've loved to see the Dutch connection play, i watched the game and could not understand why we'd opt for Cesc on the wing instead of shifting Bobby over and playing Reyes or Quincy. I felt that Quincy's runs along the touchline would've stretched teh game out a little wider and would've caused Boro a few problems enabling us the space to have an unfit Henry look effective, also i felt while Boro were playing such a tight game RVP would've been perfect in that he had pace and can work on the ball in tight spaces, times when we choose to play target man football he would've been alot more effective than Henry. Saying all that though, it's all easy to say in hindsight i suppose, though personally 7/10 i'd prefer to take Quincy and RVP along with me more so than Dennis for my bench but i'm bias i suppose.

patrick42uk

Established Member
anyone else feel vieira had a good game? his touch was superb and i think he bossed that game in the center. vieira would be my MOM with toure a close second.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
They had bloody chelski as Match Choice and I don't have sky :roll: I'm guessing a few more games with Vieira and Gilberto in the middle till they start dominating properly there.

sharpgunner

My mom goes to cole definitely. He was the only one playing decent soccer on the pitch yesterday. Did gilberto really have a solid game? He was always one step slower to intercept balls, couldnt catch up with opponents. Quite woeful IMO. Sendoras did great except for the ball he gave away. That could have been a costly mistake. It only takes one mistake like that to undone all the attackers hard work.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
wer said:
Pires
Reason:
The Goal that is :D

I quote the great Thierry Henry:

If he's rubbish, don't call him a hero just because he scored.

I didn't see the game, so don't see how I can vote (I heard enough to know that Pires was crap tho) but it sounded like Phil's mistake aside Phil and Kolo did a good job.

wer

We hardly had a decent chance in the whole match.
I think he took a half-chance well enough to earn it.
;D

Lukazan

Established Member
Didn't see the game so I can't really decide..

Maybe Pires, simply for being in the right place at the right time and scoring the goal?

arnoldi

Ashley Cole Showed interest the whole game .Then i'll go
for Reyes for the simple fact he is the only player who showed interest in the first half

KingReyes

Established Member
i thought our defense didn't have much to do to be honest, Boro sat back and tried to hit on the counter and the only save Jens had to make was from a Senderos mistake.

We kept posession well but our final ball was sloppy, however I thought Vieira stood out. Not for performance alone but he was at the centre of everything eventhough it wasn't successfull at times. I'll give it to him.

guoxian

Frankly, noone stood above the rest.
1st half: I liked Reyes' efforts at running at Boro's defence. However, nothing came of his relentless efforts.
2nd half: A scare from Senderos' error, Toure raced back (He's fast!), apart from the Pires goal nothing much. Gilberto also covered well for any attacks Boro launched.

Difficult to choose the MOTM. I'll choose Toure.

Senderos gets ma vote.Apart from that lil slip up that almost cost us the gaeme he was fantastic.Ashley Cole comes close consistency being his strongpoint

Gurgen

Established Member
Everyone was utter ****e. Our defence were the clowns we know they can be, Lehmann is just....Lehmann. Balls were bouncing off Vieira's foot and Gilberto gave the ball away countless times. No attacker really had an impact.
But we still got the three points :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom