• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Newcastle United vs Arsenal | 11/04/04

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Campbell

• Lauren

• Cole

• Edu

• Gilberto

• Vieira

• Wiltord

• Henry

• Reyes

• Bergkamp

• Pires

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aussie

Established Member
Im voting for the tall lanky midfielder who is captain of our side. In a game where he nobody really stood out he was probably the best.

Sammer

Established Member
Lehmann due to his willingness and determination to bounce back. Yesterdays match has to be Lehmanns !

Followd closely by Viera, who showed again why he is our most valuable player.

Chips&CurrySauce

Lehman indeed was outstanding and I was very pleased for him but for me Vieira stood out the most. He bossed the midfield and this last month he has been simply awesome.

bobbypires

Established Member
star.JPG
star.JPG
star.JPG
Patrick Vieira
star.JPG
star.JPG
Sol Campbell
star.JPG
Jens Lehmann / Jose Antonio Reyes

Vieira controlled the midfield; Campbell made Shearer invisible; Lehmann had a great performance; and Reyes tried many interesting things (the 'sombrero' over a Newcastle defender - I don't how you call it in English)

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Campbell had an excellent game but Vieira gets my vote. Vieira's a giant, who refuses to accept defeat and is an inspiration to the the rest of the side. He's a true warrior and is becoming a great, great leader.

kanuuu

Established Member
vieira, getting back to his best, controlling the midfield, breaking down newcastle attacks aswell as going forward.

Evil Dragon

I would have to say Lehmann, cause after his critisism this week he played well and pulled out some brilliant saves. 8)

tbbosa

I will go with Viera, he was outstanding again in the Middle of the pack ..Lehman was very good too :!: , but that does not make him a good keeper for us..we still need someone better to come in.

U don't judge someone by one match, but rather by the whole season.
But congrats to him the way he came back after all the critisism we have given him and the media reports about Niemi. :respect

Mark

Established Member
I only listened on the radio, haven't seen highlights yet. I'll go with Vieira although he apparently lost the ball a lot. No one really stood out.

Sonic Youth

lehman for saving our arses while the attack were wasting great opportunities to score. gotta admit......the way reyes created some chances was great, but someone still needs to finish it...

Andrew

tbbosa said:
U don't judge someone by one match, but rather by the whole season.

Exactly... which is why Lehmann probably gets too much critcism. 90% of the time he is solid but when he has a bad game people remember it.

Legend#1

Established Member
Ashley Cole

The silent hero, hussled and harried all game long, made vital interventions, a lot of positive running, a vital flick at the back post when Bellamy was about to pounce, great game

Vieira, Gilberto, Reyes and Lehmann were all great too

Stim

Got to be Lehmann for all the reasons already posted but was also silly in the Shearer incident, but i also find these confrontations he has quite funny. Reyes would of clinched had he put the header away though..

A

Anonymous

ExiledInNewcastle said:
Jens. Saved everything that went at his goal, caught everything he jumped for and got to everything he went for. Faultless display really.

Apart from being a idiot messing around with Shearer at the end and working their crowd up. I hate it when he does that, there was no need - he did it at Everton and cost us two points.

Vieira was MOTM for me. The guy is immense.

Top Bottom