• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Norwich vs Arsenal | 28/08/04

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cole

• Toure

• Hoyte

• Ljungberg

• Fabregas

• Gilberto

• Reyes

• Henry

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tox

Henry. He lead arsenal well and i believe he has matured even further this season. And he scored with his head!!!!

The Mini

I would say Henry or Freddie. Henry was just running circles round the Norwich defence, who were plain sloppy. Freddie was ruling the midfield, simply class.

How do you stop Henry? If you want to know, dont ask the Norwich defence.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's got to be Henry for me. The man was unstoppable. He set up a goal and scored a great header. He ran the game and is hitting form after his slow start to the season, in which he still managed to score two goals. and assist quite a few.

I really liked the way he took charge when given the armbad for the day, and he seemed to thrive on the extra responsibility. I liked his statement "I didn't want to be a bad luck Captain" Great stuff.

n_henry

Aw, way to go Titi. :angel:

His goal was a peach (and the set-up was breathtaking) - and extra points coz he used his head. :D

I do think that he seemed to really step up and take charge when he was captain. :D

leongsh

Thierry Henry

He led the line, created chances, made assists, occassionally tracked back to help in defense and, of course, scored, with a header at that too!

The captain's armband is weaving its magic! First, it was Dennis Bergkamp and now, Thierry Henry. The added responsibility of being a captain to be an example on the pitch is doing wonders.

Honourable mention must go to Jens Lehmann. His goalkeeping and saves helped Arsenal maintain a healthy goal advantage throughout the match. Thank you, Jens!

skart14

Henry...now that bergy and reyes are hitting top form it has lifted some burden off him, really helped other aspects of his game like assisting...

Canuck

Established Member
Jens made a couple of good saves, and everyone had a decent game. Props to Justin Hoyte for stepping into the gap at such short notice. But Henry was def. the class act on the day.
First time wearing the captains armband and he rose to the occasion.

Mark

Established Member
Henry was our best player. He responded very well to being given the captain's armband and Norwich just couldn't handle him. One goal (a header!) and two great assists get my vote.

Aussie

Established Member
KingReyes said:
Henry for me and his best is yet to come.

Agreed he can still improve and that is just going to scare the **** out of defenders all around Europe.

ozgooner

finally saw the replay today, as i spent the weekend in a place that seemed more behind the times than a colony of amish :!:

cant go past th14 looks like he is just starting to hit his straps for the season.
Interesting stat they said about him after his goal: "thats his 116 goal for arsenal and only the third from his head" is that true??

kutz

I voted for Thierry too, but I loooooooved Dennis's first touch for his goal, peeerfect.

I can't believe they left him out!? Ah well, he got a nice goal.

jacc_7_1

Who else but the king of highbury..
Thierry Henry..
Really got to thank anelka for leaving if not for him,
henry would never be here..

Arnie

i no bergy was a sub, but once again, his finishing blew me away!!!!!!!!!!!! Thierry was the man of the match though. I think!! I couldn't watch it cos my cousins hate sports and don't have prem plus.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
The poll is now closed, thanx to everyone that voted and that left comments.

The Man of the Match for the Norwich game was...........Thierry Henry. Thierry won the award with 87% of the votes.

1619.jpg

Well done Titi :)

Look out for the MOTM article on the homepage soon and look out for the Player of the Month poll for August in Arsenal Talk soon.

tg signing off :)

Latest posts+

Top Bottom