• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Portsmouth vs Arsenal | 04/05/04

Who was the MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Campbell

• Cole

• Vieira

• Ljungberg

• Parlour

• Reyes

• Henry

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Portsmouth 1 - Arsenal 1

Arsenal scorer: J Reyes

Postive outcomes:
Still unbeaten therefore closer to record
Gained a point
Reyes' first Premiership Arsenal goal
Keown got his 8th Prem appearence, only 2 more to get

So who was your MOTM? Whoever it was vote and leave a comment.

Poll closes: Friday

Remember to vote in the POTM poll which is open until Monday

tg signing off :)

JazzG

Established Member
Ray Parlour, he was brilliant imo. Constantly running, hassling their players, always ready to get a tackle in. If only all our players had his mentality.....

Also should mention Bentley and Reyes. Both I thought had decent games. Jose's passes were all over the place but as the game went on he got better and better. Bentley is actually better than I though, earlier on he looked uncomfortable on the right but just seen the highlights again and he got better as the game went on. Would actually prefer for him to stay with us instead of going on loan tbh.

Lehmann did well as well, nothing amazing though. All the saves he made, you would of expected any good PL keeper to make. Still think due to his temper he is a liability, nothing wrong with his technique. His mood swings worry me.

MightyArsenal

I thought parlour was awful....and you can see that some of the arsenal players agree with me on that..he just seemed to dawdle on the ball for too long and get caught in possesion in dangerous positions....

JazzG

Established Member
MightyArsenal said:
I thought parlour was awful....and you can see that some of the arsenal players agree with me on that..he just seemed to dawdle on the ball for too long and get caught in possesion in dangerous positions....

Vieira was caught out on the ball more than Parlour was, if anyone was lazy on the ball it was him. Parlour was constantly running around, trying to win the ball back and putting them under pressure. Was trying to fill in any gaps as well, all this and trying to attack as well!

Some of his long range passes Zidane would of been proud of, then again the other ones even I would of been ashamed of :eek:ops:

bobbypires

Established Member
star.JPG
star.JPG
star.JPG
Jens Lehmann
star.JPG
star.JPG
Jose Antonio Reyes
star.JPG
Freddie Ljungberg

Chips&CurrySauce

Can't agree with your view about Parlour JazzG. He started the game very well, for about the first 20 minutes, but then he kep on turning into trouble. He did lose the ball unnecessarily on a few occasions and in dangerous positions. I also admit Paddy didn't have a great game, he looked tired to me.

KingReyes

Established Member
Its too hard to call between Jens and Reyes. Jens pulled off some good saves and Reyes scored and also hit the post while looking dangerous all night. I'll give it to Jens since alot of people have been a bit hard on him.

Mark

Established Member
No one really stood out for me. I'll go for Reyes as I'm really happy for him for getting his first Premiership goal, and what a goal it was too.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think Lehmann.. for the stick he's taken lately, he repaid Wenger's vote of confidence by putting in a good display... stopped a lot of shots that could have gone in.... the one goal that did go in, he did his best to stop it, and still had no cover from the defence as it dribbled in....

Top Bottom