• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Southampton vs Arsenal | 26/02/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Toure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cygan

• Senderos

• Cole

• Vieira

• Flamini

• Ljungberg

• Clichy

• Henry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Soton 1 - Arsenal 1

Goals: Freddie and Crouch

Another draw with Soton meant we moved further behind Chelsea and Utd :( I dont know what is going on with the lads at the moment hopefully we perform better againest Sheffield to keep our chances of getting a trophy this season alive. I got so excited when Cole headered the ball into the net but was only brought back down to earth by the linesmans flag.

Toure did well at Right Back, quite impressed. Lehmann :( i dont where van Persie's brain is sometimes.

Their goalkeeper Smith was great, keeping out great goal scoring chances from Thierry, Ash and Robin.

Enough complaining. Who was your MOTM? Whoever it was vote and leave a comment by Monday night.

tg

Mark

Established Member
Cole. Back in the side today and showed how influencial and important he is to the side. Didn't have much to do defensively but got forward really well and was unlucky not to win us the game.

Henry and Freddie played quite well, but most of the players were rather ordinary overall.

Andrew

Flamini. He is a class player. Very complete in attack and defence. Reminds me of Parlour just with a bit more technique.

beanz

My vote goes to Ash who epitomised the spirit that every gooner wants to see in the whole team, in a word: determination.
This was no more evident than in the last few minutes of the match when he was cruelly denied, first by an outstanding save and then by the linesmans flag, ( why do players bother to argue with the officials, they rarely change their minds)

T G, you should think about introducing a new category after every game; "Dunce of the Match" for those of you unfamiliar with the term "Dunce", it's an old fashioned word meaning stupid or very silly, the comics would portray them as being sent to sit in the corner of the classroom, wearing a pointed hat with a large "D" on the front.
My vote for "Dunce of the match" goes to R V P. no suprises there then.
How can a supposedly intelligent person behave so stupidly? both Arsène and Freddy confirmed in post match interviews, that Robin had been warned to take it easy in the tackles, as the ref may be looking to even things up and as he was the only player with a yellow card, he would be an obvious target.
I thought he was lucky not to get sent off for his 1st foul which looked very ugly and by comparison his 2nd foul was fairly innocuous, but given the circumstances it was completely unforgivable.
You could see that Arsène was livid with him and for the first time in my memory, he publicly berated a player as he came off the pitch.
If you get sent off like Dennis did last week, I can imagine that your teamates have some sympathy for you, but if I was playing yesterday, I'd find it very hard not to give R V P a verbal kicking.
There, I feel so much better now that I've got that off my chest, posting on Arsenal-Mania is sooo much cheaper than therapy. :mrgreen:

Ridge

Ash is my MOTM. i think he's score a goal against Bayern in the second leg. :D Vieira, Henry and Freddie also had good games.

beanz said:
My vote for "Dunce of the match" goes to R V P
I second that.

Spike

Established Member
Ash then Flamini.

Ash really inspired the team to go forward, and Flamini was the same old him, never stopped running. :)

Hilal

Gurgen said:
Flamini, had to do all the work our 'captain' couldn't be arsed to do.

Thats ****ing harsh. Why is it the new vouge to critisise Vieira, regardless of his performance level.

Gurgen

Established Member
I thought his performance yesterday left much to be desired. Every time he lost the ball the just stood there instead of tracking back and getting the ball back. I saw Flamini running back every time this happened and it must have happened about 15 times. Now I can live with Vieira not playing well, but some effort would be nice. Hard work is the only way to get your form back, it doesn't come falling down from heaven you know. He only woke up after they scored, and all of a sudden people are saying he had a great game :roll:

sabret00the

Established Member
Ashley cole, the game just showed how much we missed him, he's a fantastic player, one of my favourites to watch. It was so just that he got the goal he deserved despite it being disallowed, for all that we was against So'ton most of it came from Cole.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
For me the man of the match yesterday was Smith (being fair) :wink:
I guess you would like me to say about Arsenal player ahm freddie

thierrys_girl

Established Member
The AM Man of the Match for the Southampton game is Ashley Cole. Ash won the award with 44% of the votes and made a good whole match comeback after being out with the flu.

2nd Flamini 26%
Equal 3rd Thierry and Freddie 10%

3785.jpg

Well done Ash :)

Thanks to everyone that voted and those that left comments.

tg :)

Now to Sheffield Utd to play for a place in the next round of the FA Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom