• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Tottenham vs Arsenal | 29/10/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Lauren

• Clichy

• Ljungberg

• Fabregas

• Pires

• Reyes

• Campbell

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Tottenham 1 – Arsenal 1

Goal: Robert Pires

The first half was absolutely horrible; we were losing possession and seemed stuck in our own half. We went down 1 nil and it could have been a lot worst. The second half however was all Arsenal, the half time talk from Wenger seemed to help, as did the introduction of Pires. We looked more balanced with Fabregas returning to his more natural position. The goal came and from then it looked as if Sp**s were just about holding onto their point. We could have one it in the end but overall looking at the game a point each is fair.

My MOTM: Clichy, he looked great going forward and while he did get caught out of position a few times was our best out there.

Who was your MOTM? Vote and leave a comment before Monday.

TG

Gurgen

Established Member
Giving it to Bobby. Completely changed the game and scored another goal at the Lane.

Army of Me

Established Member
Clichy without a doubt, he's put the nightmare that was Sparta Prague behind him and pulled out a cracking performance.

The only one to come out of the 1st half with something to be proud of, and he did his job well in the 2nd.

He didn't change the game like Pires, but he did very very well.

RammiXP

Gave it to Lehmann, If it was not for him in the first half we would not have only been 1-0 down. Some great saves and was solid and assured throughout. COnsidering the rest of goalkeeper performances over the weekend. ;)

James

Established Member
A real difficult one this week.

Bobby deserves a special mention. Changed the game when he came on.

Clichy in the first half looked our most threatening player when going forward, and was solid at the back for 90 minutes. The only player who could come off the pitch at half time with his head held high really.

Jens, like i mentioned in his thread, made me proud to be a Gooner with his performance yesterday. Determined to get the best of the **** and pulled off two stunning saves to keep us in the game.

My MOTM though is Kolo. Solid throughout the game, but had an immense second half. Kept Mido in his pocket who was a threat in the air, and made some brilliant tackles. He led us from the back, and played a part in the majority of our play going forward.

A

Anonymous

I want to give it to Van Persie to be honest.
But since he didn't score, no one here will have the foresight to see that Van Persie was the real reason Arsenal looked dangerous..

But, mob rules.. as long as I am not crowned Emperor.

Pires.

Mark

Established Member
Given my vote to Jens. Kept us in the game with some excellent saves and seemed like the only player who realised it was a derby.

IBL

Established Member
I'm giving it to Clichy. I thought he had a solid 90 minutes, got up and down the flanks well, defended stoutly and played with plenty of grit and determination.

Toure and Lehman did well at the back and both Pires and RvP made us a lot more of potent attacking force when they came on.

Kha0z said:
But since he didn't score, no one here will have the foresight to see that Van Persie was the real reason Arsenal looked dangerous..

Pires.

well im sticking it to the man and voting Van Persie anyways.

Lukazan

Established Member
Lehmann.

Impressive stops from Defoe and Jenas to keep the game within our reach.

Persie and Pires deserve mentions too, as does Kolo and Clichy for parts of the game.

seb_afc

Established Member
bobby for me. from the minute he came on his experience and quality shone and helped us salvage what looked like before he came on and unlikley point. well done bobby.

koivu

I chose Jens, but Bobby was a close second. Clichy and Toure also put in a good effort and Van Persie looked good, but Jens kept us in the match, put up with a lot of stick and deserves the MOTM.

kamikaze80

Established Member
mad jens.

pires had a good match but i think he was made to look better by the awkward lineup that wenger selected for the 1st half, and rvp's stretching the Sp**s backline. not sure if just doing your job wins you motm. if his through ball to rvp had a foot less weight on it (or if rvp were a foot faster) id have given it to bobby tho.

clichy and toure both played well but not dominant enough to warrant motm.

A

Anonymous

drainedvitality said:
Kha0z said:

Pires.

well im sticking it to the man and voting Van Persie anyways.

Good for you, keep up the intelligence!
Only through educating the masses can humanity evolve once more.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Kha0z said:

Fair point, we really got into the game and started to look like scoring when van persie was eventually put on, and we can probably thank freddie's injury that he got on at all before the 89th minute.

But if it wasn't for Jens, we wouldve already been gone by the time he got on, so Jens for me.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
The Official Arsenal-Mania Man of the Match for this game goes to Jens Lehmann who has been very solid since the start of the season. Jens won the award with 34% of the votes; he was followed by Robert Pires who had 21% and Gael Clichy who had 19%.

4105.jpg

Well done Jens

Thanks to everyone that voted and those that left comments.

Check out the article which will be on the homepage soon.

Make sure you all vote in the Arsenal-Mania Player of the Monthpoll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom