<

MotM - PL: West Bromwich Albion vs Arsenal | 02/05/05

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by thierrys_girl, May 3, 2005.

?

Who was our MOTM?

Poll closed May 5, 2005.
  1. Jens Lehmann

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Phil Senderos

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ashley Cole

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Kolo Toure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Patrick Vieira

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Gilberto

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Cesc Fabregas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Robert Pires

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Jose Antonio Reyes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Robin van Persie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thierrys_girl

thierrys_girl New Member

West Brom 0 - Arsenal 2

Goals: Robin van Persie and Edu

Two late goals gave us all three points and widened the gap between us and Utd.

Who was your MOTM? Whoever it was vote and leave a comment before Wednesday.

tg :)

2. mood

mood New Member

patrick for me.

3. Gurgen

Gurgen New Member Elite

Senderos hands down. Didn't lose one challenge and was absolutely impeccable defensively.

4. Lukazan

Lukazan New Member Elite

van Persie, decent all game and broke the deadlock with a goal.

5. sabret00the

sabret00the New Member Trusted

Senderos without a doubt, while the midfield were playing like mighty ducks, hunching together in a diamond hoping to run the ball through their midfield, the defence picked up the multiple failed attempts and kept us solid, Senderos is starting to piss me off though, just think of all the cotton that goes on that man, i mean making pockets big enough to keep all them strikers in ain't easy. :lol: ;)

6. tbbosa

tbbosa New Member

Paddy did the job, boy has he been on form!

7. praghisa

praghisa New Member

jose antonio reyes imo ... for breaking down defence and the assist to rvp of course, just misfortune for him not scoring that night :(

until another game and another chance than :D

8. Gunner4Eva

Gunner4Eva New Member Trusted

I liked Patrick Vieira. He was a rock in the midfield, and did come back and help our the defenders, as well as move forward to help create.

But Senderos was a close second. Its no coincidence that our Goals For has hardly moved ever since he has been in the team. What a bloody legend he'll be.

9. Dutch

Dutch New Member

VanPersie.
    Opening goal, assist on Reyes (who failed to score).

10. RocktheCasbah

RocktheCasbah New Member Elite

Between Vieira, Reyes and Senderos for me.

I'm going for Reyes, unlucky not to score and took the Baggies defence apart with some of his running. Great ball for van Persie too.

11. asajoseph

asajoseph New Member Elite

Big Phil for me, just nicking it from van Persie.

It was a poor team performance, overall, and even a rock solid defensive performance from Senderos was marred slightly by some poor distribution. But he played very very well, apart from that.

RVP, for me, was the far superior of our strikers - more productive with the ball, less selfish, and looking dangerous whenever the ball came near him (which, to be honest, it didn't much). The control required for the goal, from Reyes pass which was hard and a foot off the ground, was nothing short of superb, and then the finish too was top-drawer.

12. patrick42uk

patrick42uk New Member Elite

i think Arsène likes the passes to be hard around the opposition penalty area. our main weapon in breaking down packed defences is the speed of the ball. it encourages the one touch stuff. vieira's pass into reyes was hard too. infact, when reyes played that pass (delibrately hard IMO), i thought 'finally, he's learning something'

13. asajoseph

asajoseph New Member Elite

Well, passing hard isn't the real criticism for me, it was also a foot off the floor, which is something I hate to see - Gilberto does it a lot - gives bobbling passes, or passes that aren't quite on the ground, and they're much harder to control.

Still, it was an excellent assist, not trying to take anything away from the kid. Just gave RVP to show us even more of his talent.

14. thierrys_girl

thierrys_girl New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.