• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: West Bromwich Albion vs Arsenal | 02/05/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Jens Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Phil Senderos

• Ashley Cole

• Kolo Toure

• Patrick Vieira

• Gilberto

• Cesc Fabregas

• Robert Pires

• Jose Antonio Reyes

• Robin van Persie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
West Brom 0 - Arsenal 2

Goals: Robin van Persie and Edu

Two late goals gave us all three points and widened the gap between us and Utd.

Who was your MOTM? Whoever it was vote and leave a comment before Wednesday.

tg :)

Gurgen

Established Member
Senderos hands down. Didn't lose one challenge and was absolutely impeccable defensively.

sabret00the

Established Member
Senderos without a doubt, while the midfield were playing like mighty ducks, hunching together in a diamond hoping to run the ball through their midfield, the defence picked up the multiple failed attempts and kept us solid, Senderos is starting to piss me off though, just think of all the cotton that goes on that man, i mean making pockets big enough to keep all them strikers in ain't easy. :lol: ;)

praghisa

jose antonio reyes imo ... for breaking down defence and the assist to rvp of course, just misfortune for him not scoring that night :(

until another game and another chance than :D

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I liked Patrick Vieira. He was a rock in the midfield, and did come back and help our the defenders, as well as move forward to help create.

But Senderos was a close second. Its no coincidence that our Goals For has hardly moved ever since he has been in the team. What a bloody legend he'll be.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Between Vieira, Reyes and Senderos for me.

I'm going for Reyes, unlucky not to score and took the Baggies defence apart with some of his running. Great ball for van Persie too.

asajoseph

Established Member
Big Phil for me, just nicking it from van Persie.

It was a poor team performance, overall, and even a rock solid defensive performance from Senderos was marred slightly by some poor distribution. But he played very very well, apart from that.

RVP, for me, was the far superior of our strikers - more productive with the ball, less selfish, and looking dangerous whenever the ball came near him (which, to be honest, it didn't much). The control required for the goal, from Reyes pass which was hard and a foot off the ground, was nothing short of superb, and then the finish too was top-drawer.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i think Arsène likes the passes to be hard around the opposition penalty area. our main weapon in breaking down packed defences is the speed of the ball. it encourages the one touch stuff. vieira's pass into reyes was hard too. infact, when reyes played that pass (delibrately hard IMO), i thought 'finally, he's learning something'

asajoseph

Established Member
Well, passing hard isn't the real criticism for me, it was also a foot off the floor, which is something I hate to see - Gilberto does it a lot - gives bobbling passes, or passes that aren't quite on the ground, and they're much harder to control.

Still, it was an excellent assist, not trying to take anything away from the kid. Just gave RVP to show us even more of his talent.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
The Arsenal Mania Man of the Match for this game is Phil Senderos who won the award with 50% of the votes.

16854.jpg

Well done Phil

Thanks to everyone that voted and left comments.

Article: http://www.arsenal-mania.com/?page=arti ... cle=174280

tg :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom