Nacho Monreal: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Ricardinho, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camron

Camron Established Member

After that we face teams we should be able to outscore until the UTD away game 30th September. Maybe they expect Tierney and Bellerin to return around that time. With Holding returning we will switch to three at the back with Kola as wingback.

2. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

Could be right. My instincts tell me we will try to get Kola to adjust to the formation we've gone with so far rather than changing it to fit him when he has to be played, but we will see.

3. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

Thanks for the service nacho. Some good times and some shockers.

4. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Hallelujah!

Joy to the world

5. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Bye bye Nacho. He's been a terrific servant but we're letting him go at the right time (well actually I suppose if Tierney was fit it'd be better but what can we do?)

El Duderino likes this.
  6. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Kolasinac at LB. Alright I'm changing my prediction from 4-0 to 4-2

7. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Well-Known Member

Our best defender of this decade. Gonna miss him but I guess it was perfect timing.

8. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

This guy is a footballer’s footballer. A solid professional, consistent and workman like. Never complains, never blames anybody else and is rarely injured. Probably one of the first names on the team sheet for Wenger and Emery.

He’s been a great asset to the club and has worn the badge with pride. I’m going to miss him.

Kolasinac is half the left back so we should have kept Nacho to back up Tierney, who is an unknown as far a consistency and injury proneness is concerned.

But having said that, can understand him wanting to move. Wish him all the best.

9. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Well-Known Member

I'm really gonna miss him always being available on the left. Anytime our LW/CM had no one to pass to Monreal would always show up at the right time, such a intelligent player.

It's sad to me how underrated he was at Arsenal. There was a time where Arsenal fans would criticize him but guys like Ox would get a pass for 4/10 performances.

10. boyinneedofhumor

boyinneedofhumor Active Member

What I would say to Monreal:

1. Never doubted your effort and attitude, irrespective of results.
    2. Hope for mutually beneficial scenarios (to you and not just the club alone).
    3. Thanks for showing others that things can be conducted in a professional manner.

11. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Sounds like horrendous deal we've agreed to

The buying team has demanded he cant play in nld because of potential injury while they're getting him for a measly £250k

12. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

Ridiculous stuff.

13. Ricardinho

No idea how any fan can have such a weird dislike for this guy

Compare that farewell to koscielny :lol:

Best of luck to the nacho man

14. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

He wasn’t a flamboyant character though. The only time he struggled was when he was asked to fill in at CB. Totally different skills in my opinion and it never suited him.

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  15. lufere7

lufere7 Well-Known Member

Amazing player and servant for the club, left sided Sagna. Deserved move, just wished he had stayed for the NLD, we are left with a subpar replacement and this was the perfect farewell game.

Reminder that we got him and Cazorla for less than 30M, highway robbery that.

Fewtch and BigPoppaPump like this.
  16. Ricardinho

Looking at that tweet and don't know if I'm thinking of another goal but didn't he put us one up at old Trafford before Rooney equalised for them?

17. thierrytheking14

thierrytheking14 Well-Known Member

They must be confident on Tierney coming back healthy soon.

18. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Nachooooo :( will mis you so much! Thanks for being such a great player, leader and pro for our club.

Fewtch likes this.
  19. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

We needed him for the NLD mannnn. :(

Fewtch and El Duderino like this.
  20. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Goodbye, leggy blonde.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.