• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

NEW KITS

omega man

I see on arsenal.com that the new home and away kits
are only for this coming season and will be changed AGAIN
next season. Commemorative kits for highburys last season
will be replacing this years strips. Is it just me or is it getting
a bit out of hand with changing kits almost every year now?
I got this years home kit with UNBEATEN 38 just to remember
last season as i dont normally buy jerseys anymore and certainly
cant and wont keep up with these changes. just a little moan
this mornin!

beanz

Any excuse to rip off the poor punters, it seems like we're taking a lead from the Mancs, who change their kit every year as a matter of course. :evil:

cappy

This is what I was told by someone at the club shop.

------------------------

We had to change the kit this season because of Nike's new global design with the tick on the shoulder. And next year was always going to have a special commerative kit for the last season at Higbury.

------------------------

I have heard rumours that this year's kit will be used in the first season at highbury but I do doubt that.

Also, if all Nikes shirts had to be changed to match their new design, why have we retained the yellow third kit with the old positioning of the nike tick?

Legend#1

Established Member
Yep it's true...

But I got both Red and Blue this season

And i'll get both next season too... :wink:

Arnie

Yeah, i'll find the money from somewhere for next seasons kit. Seeing as i'm gettin this one for 20 quid, i'll have a bit left over!! ;D ;D

tox

I thought their was a law where clubs could only change their home kit every 2 seasons? But i have heard about this commemorative kit, apparently it is going to be all red i.e. no white on the sleeves

A

Anonymous

LOL firstly, most ppl on this forum complain that we cant compete financially with the mancs now ur moaning saying were trying to make money like the mancs .. comon stop contradicting urselves - also i couldnt care less how many tops they bring out ill still buy both ( 2 of the home one and 1 of the away one ) as ive done for every season since hmmm 1996ish and when a new one comes out they all go into a big box full of previous shirts that im collecting :)

Sonic Youth

i'm fed up with arsenal introducing all these new kits. i always bought them, i've got 12 kits, (everything from 93-03) but i'm not gonna buy the new ones anymore. i like the old-skool kits from the 70s with no sponsors on it now.

Henry IV

The only Arsenal kit I have is the home kit from 2002/03-2003/04. I'm not sure if I'll get any of this season's but I will be getting the special one for 2005/06.

jc8gooner

I'm looking forward to the commemorative shirt and disagree when you say they are trying to rip off the fans. Its a celebration of many many years at Highbury.

pome

ill support the club and get both and one for the mrs and one each for all three kids 8)

there is no point in moaning about it, if you dont want to buy it then dont!

rtec1

i agree with scottish lass, you all want the new stadium and new players but your moaning about buying a new shirt every season, it helps the club so ive got no problem with it.

your gonna go out and spend £40/£50 on some sort of shirt every now and then so why not spend it on an arsenal shirt that you'll get alot of wear out of in the year they use it.

CloudWalker

omega man said:
I see on arsenal.com that the new home and away kits
are only for this coming season and will be changed AGAIN
next season. Commemorative kits for highburys last season
will be replacing this years strips. Is it just me or is it getting
a bit out of hand with changing kits almost every year now?
I got this years home kit with UNBEATEN 38 just to remember
last season as i dont normally buy jerseys anymore and certainly
cant and wont keep up with these changes. just a little moan
this mornin!
Blame it on the swoosh :?
Good - the club earns more money
Bad - Nike earns more money
- it is no longer a 5 yr instalment for home shirt like last time
I think this is a bit painful 'financially' the fans bcos we can't really wear football jerseys everyday. Away every year - change ok; but home a change once every 3 years will be appreciated!

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom