• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Newcastle vs Arsenal - Match ratings

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
fabo said:
Learn what?

Diaby's reaction helped turn the game on it's head. He's been at the club since January 2006 and I'm not seeing much improvement. The flaws he displayed back then were swept under the carpet because he was young - 5 years on and it's a different matter.

Awful player. Thank God for Jack Wilshere.
How many times had an Arsenal player been sent off? Did we concede 4 goals after that? Face the fact, his sending off didn't change that much. We held on pretty well and were comfortable till all of a sudden we decided to gift them every single possession we can afford to.

Diaby is a good player, and he showed that in the first half.

Mr Wolf

Surely Woiciech MOM, all the others played only the first half. Awful impact on the match for all the three subs.

bertlb2

As much as I thought Wenger got it spot-on against Everton, I think he dropped it big time against Newcastle. I don't know what instructions were given to Tomas anr Emmanuel, but they didn't have any positive impact. Rosicky committed fouls, lost the ball, lost his man. He didn't do anything positive. 62% passing. It certainly isn't his best season.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Clrnc said:
How many times had an Arsenal player been sent off? Did we concede 4 goals after that? Face the fact, his sending off didn't change that much.

Diaby is a good player, and he showed that in the first half.

Are you kidding? :lol:

All the goals went in after Diaby was sent off and we were NEVER comfortable once he was sent.

I really think you underestimate the absence of a 6 foot plus midfielder in an away game against a side fighting for their lives with the crowd behind them, especially when the other two midfielders are relative midgets in comparison.

I agree, though, when Diaby plays well, he incredibly effective, and as you've already said, he was having an excellent game.

And then you go on to say we didn't miss him 'that much'... :?

It's borderline madness!

mo50

Established Member
American_Gooner said:
Rosicky should never play for Arsenal again.

Agreed with this. He offers nothing. Absolutely nothing. His regression has been quite rapid, and injuries haven't helped his case, but he's finished here.

TheCMT

Established Member
The Jury said:
I really think you underestimate the absence of a 6 foot plus midfielder in an away game against a side fighting for their lives with the crowd behind them, especially when the other two midfielders are Joey Barton and Kevin Nolan in comparison.

Edit. Both of them are ****. I have only one regret if Diaby should have killed Barton there would have been one less **** in football.

General

Established Member
russkiegooner said:
Walcott - 7. Was simply raping them in the first half. Got a bit tired in the second. Bottled a great chance to bury the game completely... Should have passed to Arshavin.

It is a fact that when Walnut is given time to think his brains get muddled.

If there’s a way we could give his engine to Arshavin we’d have a nearly perfect player.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Still trying to find the courage to watch the second half. I was impressed in the first with Walcott, and especially Diaby, for reasons I mentioned earlier. When he plays like he did in the first half, there is no drop off in quality when Song's absent.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Yeah still pissed off about this.

Will take a while to get over such a terrible capitulation. United slipping on Saturday morning might help but I can't see it.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom