• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Next Season's Centerbacks

Who would you rather keep?

• Total voters

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

If the club was thinking of bringing in Gabriel, they wouldn't have extended Mari.

Best case scenario, we go for him next season to compete with Mari for that LCB role when Luiz deal would've expired

Yeah that's my initial thought and what I think will happen, the extending of Luiz and signing of Mari sured up our CB's for next year.

That being said though, clearing out Sokratis, Holding, Mustafi and loaning Mavro means we can bring someone else in. Let's say Gabriel for instance means we'd have Luiz + Saliba RCB, Mari and Gabriel LCB.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Wonder if it’d be worth loaning out Holding to pump his value.

He’s been very poor but he could need a loan spell to play first team football consistently and get back into form.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Wonder if it’d be worth loaning out Holding to pump his value.

He’s been very poor but he could need a loan spell to play first team football consistently and get back into form.

I reckon his values probably at the max now. 10M maybe? A loan would help provided he has a decent spell but seems we need the money now.

Malky

Established Member
Everyone of our CB's are absolute poverty, terrible selection.
Speaks volumes that we're pinning our hopes on Saliba, a 19 year old kid, coming in and hitting the ground running next season. I just hope we actually back Arteta and get Saliba a top quality CB partner instead of the dross that we've got.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Get rid of Holding, Mustafi, Sokratis and loan Mavro.

Minimum 15M and go bring in someone.

Gabriel looks the best bet, under 30M, left footed and apparently hasn't made an error leading to a shot all season.

Go bring in another average CB who can't command a defence for over 20m, of course.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I reckon his values probably at the max now. 10M maybe? A loan would help provided he has a decent spell but seems we need the money now.

I feel like he’s better than he’s shown but still probably not good enough for us.

If we could loan him to say Leeds next year he could replace Ben White, go back up North and probably play a lot of games.

Need to maximise the selling prices of these HG players, he’d only be 25 next summer and could fetch 20M off the back of a good loan easily.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Neither, none of them work or have the passing ability (Sok) to play in a 4 at the back structure

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Doesn't Chambers have to stay just cos he's injured? Apart from that the other three can all leave obviously.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Luiz and Mari both play LCB so we won’t be signing another one there. At RCB we have Saliba, Mustafi, Sokratis, Chambers and Mavropanos. Saliba and Chambers will stay which means we need to ship off Mustafi, Sokratis, Mavropanos and Holding if we’re to bring one in.

Luiz will be starting next season by the way.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Luiz and Mari both play LCB so we won’t be signing another one there. At RCB we have Saliba, Mustafi, Sokratis, Chambers and Mavropanos. Saliba and Chambers will stay which means we need to ship off Mustafi, Sokratis, Mavropanos and Holding if we’re to bring one in.

Mavro's been playing LCB for Nurnberg. I'd give him another loan in Germany and then bring him back next summer.

Saliba, Luiz, Mari, Chambers...it's poverty but seeing as we'll play fewer games next year it might be ok. Bin this back 3 nonsense. We're sh*t back 4 or back 3, might as well play another attacker.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Luiz will play RCB when we have Mari in. Luiz and Mari will be first choice CB's next year.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arteta and the club have made their bed, Luiz and Mari will be here next season, with Saliba. Mustafi is seeing out his deal so that’s 4 guys there.

The real question is, are we buying a 5th guy? You’ll assume Chambers, Holding, Sok etc will be moved on or told to move on.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Defensively you’ll say we won’t finish top 5. Saliba might be some wonder kid but unless you’re Rio or Terry, under 24 year olds normally get terrorised in England.

I say this team is crying out for a top top experienced CB.

balthazar

Haven't seen Mari play yet, but Saliba and Mari might be Mikel's plan, with Luiz and co. as back up and rotation. Have no idea how that would world. But at least it has hight.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Haven't seen Mari play yet, but Saliba and Mari might be Mikel's plan, with Luiz and co. as back up and rotation. Have no idea how that would world. But at least it has hight.
Arteta has suggested Saliba will be eased in, you can’t throw him in at 19 for the PL to eat alive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom