• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

He will score some nice curler against Watford and get bsck to be best wide forward in the world but the manager hates him and is holding him back with tactics that hates him!

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
8 goals 8 assists in 38 games this season (26 starts) (Total team goals - 84)

Iwobi last season 6 goals 9 assists in 51 games (31 starts) (Total team goals - 112)
He’s been a marginal upgrade on Iwobi so far imo. Their numbers are identical although Pepe has scored some important goals, something Iwobi never did. His general play is significantly worse than Iwobi’s though.
For 72m that’s not good enough.

Not to split hairs but Iwobi got 3 goals and 9 assists in 51 games with 31 starts

Pepe has 8 goals and 8 assists in 38 games with 26 starts (aware seasons not over, he'll play at most another 4 games)

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Iwobi last season 6 goals 9 assists in 51 games (31 starts) (Total team goals - 112)

Not to split hairs but Iwobi got 3 goals and 9 assists in 51 games with 31 starts

Pepe has 8 goals and 8 assists in 38 games with 26 starts (aware seasons not over, he'll play at most another 4 games)

We don’t need to go that far he’s much better than Iwobi, but Iwobi never felt like a winger or wide forward tbh more like midfielder playing out wide.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If we could afford him he’d be here tbh.
Would love him here though fantastic player.

Hopefully he goes to a CL team now, it’s time.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

Eh, 10 g/a vs 11 g/a in the league with only 58 more minutes played for Iwobi so far. Almost identical.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Eh, 10 g/a vs 11 g/a in the league with only 58 more minutes played for Iwobi so far. Almost identical.
Was comparing Iwobi at Arsenal lasttlast year to Pepe at Arsenal

Squads the same pretty much so seemed a fair comparisn

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Yh i did the same? Those numbers are from Iwobi’s last season.

Iwobi would have had so many more assists if Lacazette wasn’t so poor. I watched a video compilation of him and he created so many chances for Laca to just fumble. And this is who Arsenal fans voted POTY?

Gunners1616

Zaha looks like a baller but how come he has only 4 goals and 3 assists in 36 league games this season ?

I see a lot of people vouching for him over Pepe, but this season Pepe has
-more goals
-more assists
-more big chances created
-more shots on target and better shot accuracy
-All that with less games played and less games as starter.

Also Zaha has been in the league forever and Pepe just arrived from France without any pre-season and played under 3 coaches without countless different systems/positions.

I mean i get that Pepe has to do much more considering his price tag but i think we should judge him next season, not now already.

Either way i don't see Zaha being miles ahead of Pepe at all.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Zaha looks like a baller but how come he has only 4 goals and 3 assists in 36 league games this season ?

-more goals
-more assists

Also Zaha has been in the league forever and Pepe just arrived from France without any pre-season and played under 3 coaches without countless different systems/positions.

I mean i get that Pepe has to do much more considering his price tag but i think we should judge him next season, not now already.

Have you ever watched Palace? It’s a one man attack. It’s Zaha or nothing. The opposition will double up on him.

At Arsenal there would be more freedom, and he would be playing with better players, those numbers would rocket up.

Edit - he’s too expensive anyway, I’m not saying we should sign him, we need defenders and midfielders first.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡

-more goals
-more assists

Lazy argument.
Zaha plays for a rubbish team with some rubbish attackers that barely convert their chances.
Zaha has a lot more tackles than Pepe and he's second in take ons this season.
https://www.squawka.com/en/most-take-ons-premier-league-2019-2020/

Zaha when dribbling looks like someone who wants to take his opponent out. Pepe looks clumsy doing it and doesn't seem to know what he's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom