• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thought he was looking to release the ball quicker yesterday. If he can continue to improve on that then you can just imagine the amount of space that’ll create.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Yesterday I saw shades of Hazard vs us typically from Pepe. Chelsea were all scared of him and he was playing like someone who felt he needed to stamp that he was the best player on the pitch.

Like Özil, at times you want more (often a lot more) from him and it is often interpreted as “hate” but it’s really just frustration as you know everything boils down to application/desire/belief not ability. He put it all together yesterday and pulled out his best all around performance in an Arsenal shirt as he was engaged, active, and threatening from the off. As I said at full time that version of Pepe is the 72m player.

Hope he takes off from here and consistently shows that level of belief in himself and terrorizes everyone and everyone he/we are up against.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
EeZdJyVWoAcx0Qw

...Arteta has confirmed to me a 40 goal/assist season for Nico next year.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's his work rate. He just needs to work as hard defensively as he has been. It gives him licence to Express himself.

He will lose the ball, he will get tackled, he will try the wrong pass, he will make the wrong pass, but none of that matters if he works hard. That is what Alexis was. It's high risk, high reward, high work rate. It's a shame he didn't get a free kick in the same position as Lacas but on the right. He would have buried it.

High risk, high reward, low work rate = Arshavin.

Also Bellerin actually getting forward frees Pepe up so much. Imagine we had a rcm who could drive and dribble and a Cf who could do the same.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I like how he doesn’t waste time anymore and looks for Auba straight away now lol.

They seemed to have built an understanding, would be a big shame if Auba left.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He was outstanding yesterday, the cherry on the cake would have been if that goal stood.

He has an absolute wand of a left foot, we need to get him in crossing/shooting positions as often as possible. That Pepe back post cross to Auba should become our bread and butter, it's so dangerous.

I'm expecting a big season from him next year.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Both Auba and Laca think Pepe is the most skillful player in the team
It's pretty clear to me. I would love to know who the player he dropped on the floor is. :lol:

He came in and immediately look over set-piece duties as well. You don't do that at a top club if you're an average player. Some on here will have you believe that he's never in control of the ball though.

9jagooner

Not a popular opinion but I'm not sure how fans view his performance on Saturday as outstanding. I've even had to go watch highlights of his game to see if I was missing anything. Personally, he was just ok. He did well to help Bellerin defensively. However going forward, he lost the ball quite a number of times. Hopefully he will improve on this in coming months.

On the plus side, and perhaps this is what fans are judging him on, i liked his determination. He popped up at different parts of the field to engage play. He just needs to improve on his impact WITH the ball.
Well done on the assist.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
We just need to give him the ball and keep him in the game at all times. He will **** up but also provide some very dangerous moments.

From what I have seen he isn't that proactive at getting himself into the game so we need to ensure he gets it enough to create those moments.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

All this critism and nitpicking when he had an outstanding match, all he was missing was a goal that got chalked off.

Some of you seem the type to cream yourselves over useless guys like Hleb or something.

Can’t wait to see Pepe next season.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

All this critism and nitpicking when he had an outstanding match, all he was missing was a goal that got chalked off.

Some of you seem the type to cream yourselves over useless guys like Hleb or something.

Classic cûnt behavior this, slagging off one player to talk up another. You could just say what you want to say about Pepe, no need to piss on Hleb like that. ;)

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Pepe is not half a player as Hleb was.
Hleb was unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom