• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

roz

Fake News Merchant
We overpaid a bit, but isn't that what Arsenal fans have been crying out for the club to do for years now? "Pay that extra few million and get the player". The club are by no means run perfectly, but they can't win sometimes.
I agree with your point actually although I think the fact that there is an investigation at all should be worrying. You dont hear of that anywhere else do you? Sounds like disagreements from upstairs

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sadly ”a few” doesn't mean thirty. We have been buying high and selling low for years.

In last years window Pepe certainly worth a lot more than 40million.

And I agree to a certain extent, but the bigger problem is we have been buying the wrong type of player, which by default means we have overpaid. At the time Pepe was the right prflofle of player.

We were missing a real wide forward with pace and end product, and we went and signed the hottest property on the market.

And for the record I reckon this lad will have a big season next year and will justify the price tag.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You should never listen to fans.

I agree, best example of this is when people were moaning about selling Alexis for 60m when he was physically finished and had a year left. They're likely the ones that are now moaning about the club 'overspending' on certain players.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I agree with your point actually although I think the fact that there is an investigation at all should be worrying. You dont hear of that anywhere else do you? Sounds like disagreements from upstairs

Alleged investigation. I'm sure all clubs "investigate" every deal they do.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Alleged investigation. I'm sure all clubs "investigate" every deal they do.
No one really knows one way or the other.

We do know that this has been made public and I cant recall ever seeing an article like this break for another club before.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Barcelona would probably have had an inquest into the Coutinho and dembele deal, but no one heard of it. But for some reason, stories are leaking from the club like a sieve FFS

Last edited:

Moah

I don't think Edu has the moral ground to question any dealings while leads the campaign to buy every player from one agent and sign any player that touched Brasil.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Exactly. Not to mention all the Kia connections

I'd be very speptic about anything the UK press comes out with regarding Arsenal. I think the new regime has cut ties with most of them, which I think was reflected with how behind the curve they were last summer.

Reactions: roz

roz

Fake News Merchant
I'd be very speptic about anything the UK press comes out with regarding Arsenal. I think the new regime has cut ties with most of them, which I think was reflected with how behind the curve they were last summer.
Was there any given reason as to why they made that choice? Its odd to say the least and only adds to the list of weird going ons at the club.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Being reported on a few different sources
It’s weird, who’s doing the investigation and who authorised the funds if that’s the case Does this mean Kroenke ‘ s are starting to become suspicious of what’s been going on?

roz

Fake News Merchant
It’s weird, who’s doing the investigation and who authorised the funds if that’s the case Does this mean Kroenke ‘ s are starting to become suspicious of what’s been going on?
Bingo.

For once I guess you could say I hope so.
Such a vague article its hard to really draw any conclusions other than it being suspicious.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Was there any given reason as to why they made that choice? Its odd to say the least and only adds to the list of weird going ons at the club.

No clue mate, but that's the vibe I get. None of them had a clue about the initial Pepe bid despite every big French outlet reporting it, which I found very strange.

I dont think people appreciate the unique position the club is in. We're (rightfully) completely restructuring the way the club is run, within the space of a year or two. A brand new regime is also having to deal with the mistakes of the previous one. To think it stuff like this wouldn't happen and that it would be plain sailing is naive in my opinion.

Reactions: roz
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom