• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As I said the media was capping and actually being arseholes really.

It’s sad Arsenal fans want to believe it though .
i think this is more common than you might realize.things get audited/investigated regularly.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Auditing is common yes I know all about those in the firms I've worked for.

Investigation into a transfer as it’s believed we have overpaid for our record signing leading to a sacking of our director of football - which got reported in some places, not so common.

Arsenal fans who don’t rate Pepe so desperately wanted to believe it to feel vindicated or hoped we get a refund or something I don’t even know.

Imagine how the player would feel and how would you expect them to kick on if that was somehow true?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I like Raul, but I would be shocked if he wasn't taking a little somethin' somethin' from our transfers.

The man got us Pepe, Saliba, Tierney and Martinelli in one window...let him steal a few million and celebrate with some coke, come on!

Macho

Dusted 🔻

If he actually was crooked then he deserves the swift dismissal.
Not that I think that was the case anymore, but if you cut bare corners, break all the rules and then finish 8th then come on that’s ridiculously poor. I don’t condone that stuff and I’m glad under Wenger we didn’t (to my knowledge) entertain that stuff.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Auditing is common yes I know all about those in the firms I've worked for.

Investigation into a transfer as it’s believed we have overpaid for our record signing leading to a sacking of our director of football - which got reported in some places, not so common.

Arsenal fans who don’t rate Pepe so desperately wanted to believe it to feel vindicated or hoped we get a refund or something I don’t even know.

Imagine how the player would feel and how would you expect them to kick on if that was somehow true?
No one is blaming Pepe in any of this, be serious. It is someone’s fault that we paid 72m for him but it’s definitely not his.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I honestly think that’s his price. Would have probably have been less if we paid full whack in one go.

Highly rated wingers in early/mid twenties across Europe just aren’t cheap.
Someone like Sancho would run you almost double.

Seems stupid to think Arsenal would tell the world they’ve overpaid for their player. Gutter journalism and the last thing we needed really.

Last edited:

say yes

forum master baiter
Sounds a bit too defensive tbh
Sounds more like that story was complete bullshit.

You don’t come down that hard (and threaten legal action) on a story like that if there’s anything to it. Arsenal are big, but they're nowhere near big enough to bully the press if the press have decent sources.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's won us a cup already ffs. Reduced that fee by a fair few million. That's how it works, isn't it? We got him, we won a cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom