• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Don’t see how he turns this around now. Too much against him.
Yup.

With the amount of people wishing he wouldn't work out I was really willing for him to do well.

He is actually one of the few reasons I can watch this team if I am honest, on the off chance he does something exciting. For me personally this season suddenly looks bleak now - guess I'd be watching for Saka? or hope for a Reiss resurgence maybe.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
i think he bent his head to do the forehead to forehead talk....and the leeds player played dead. got fooled. should have remembered he plays for arsenal and the referees are bent

sdotzdot

Established Member
It’s all a bit odd that this is for some reason the breaking point for most arsenal fans.

players will always have a brain fart in them, this was Pepes unfortunately. It happens, but you move on from it.

It’s weird that this is the focus, when really the big problem is the fact he just hasn’t shown anything to suggest he knows how to utilise his (very few) good traits as a footballer. He has one of the worst footballing brains I’ve seen at Arsenal in recent memory, the fact he kickstarted his professional career very late shows massively at this top level.

Combine the above with his terrible attitude and lethargic approach... just can’t be having that in the PL.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

It’s all a bit odd that this is for some reason the breaking point for most arsenal fans.
He was giving it the large about not playing and this was his big chance.

A lot of the fans didn’t like him and want him to go but there were a lot of fans also rooting for him and he does this.

First red card in his career and clearly out of character, but I think it’s acceptance that his Arsenal career is over.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The red card was stupid by Pepe, but the rule itself is just absolute rubbish. The punishment is in no relationship to the perceived wrong done. Like when Gabriel got sent of a couple of years ago against Chelsea.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I will say this, If you're going to get sent off for headbutting someone at least do it properly.

Give the Leeds player a reason to roll around on the ground like a b*tch.

giphy.gif
Say what you want but that was a proper one!

Macho

Dusted 🔻

This red card is a minor, he's been poor pretty much since we signed him but it's hard to give up on a 72m player. You could tell it was a scam once Raul got sacked, Pepe should never have gone for 72m.
KSE and them all agreed on the signing at a bbq when it was clear we couldn’t afford Zaha. We caught wind of a 80 mil offer from Napoli and beat them to the punch, wasn’t a Raul scam at all - just bad scouting essentially.

I’ve definitely given up on him, not cause I don’t think he has the ability, he was easily our most dangerous player today. I’ve just now accepted he doesn’t have a prayer as long as Arteta is here. Even if Arteta was willing to work with him, the football is just so bad.

I think he’s gone this summer anyways. Another name on the list of the non negotiable casualties.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Let’s be honest with ourselves. If there were no red card today does anyone really think we would have won that game? 11v11, Leeds looked more likely to score than we did. If anything, losing a man meant we had to become compact and forced Leeds into hopeful crosses. The red card isn’t the sole reason we’re angry with Pepe, it’s because now the excuses have officially worn dry. We angry of what possibly could have been.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Willian didn't let the team down it was off pitch matter. Pepe otherwise we were calling to give him a chance and he didn't take it well and let the team down
Willian shouldn’t be travelling abroad with this virus around, it was selfish.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Let’s be honest with ourselves. If there were no red card today does anyone really think we would have won that game? 11v11, Leeds looked more likely to score than we did. If anything, losing a man meant we had to become compact and forced Leeds into hopeful crosses. The red card isn’t the sole reason we’re angry with Pepe, it’s because now the excuses have officially worn dry. We angry of what possibly could have been.
the red card helped us and made us defend with everything we had. But you never know....the flow of the game wouldnt change as they would dominate and create more chances. But we could maybe have 1-2 more counters and steal a win. Which is the worrying thing when we feel a team that just got promoted is superior footballing side than us and maybe we could steal something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom