• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'm starting to lose a bit of patience with Pepe now. A bit of red mist and a headbutt I can just about forgive. He's been here a year now though, It's about time he started showing some consistency in his game.

He can't just be turning it on against minnows in the Europa League or 1 in 5 league games. He could well be on the cutting block by the summer if he doesn't significantly up his game.

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Reckon Lyon would give us 35m for him in the summer. A Bundesliga team might go as high as 40m

Pepe and 20m for Aouar? I dont see anyone paying more than 30m for him. He has 0 form has done nothing in 18 months of football. He was already overpriced at 72m. Even at 50m was overpriced. We paid 30m more than we should and he has went hugely down in value.

Polar Bear

Its not about the red card, its about his actual ability!!. I just don't think he is good enough for the Prem, he is far too laid back and sleepy, he looks asleep all the time.

Pepe has really bad body language, its a sleepy/don't care body language.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Its not about the red card, its about his actual ability!!. I just don't think he is good enough for the Prem, he is far too laid back and sleepy, he looks asleep all the time.

Pepe has really bad body language, its a sleepy/don't care body language.

Hes crap. Has done 3 or 4 decent things in 18 months. Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Jota, Ferran Torres have all looked better after 3 months than pepe. It hasnt worked and time to sell. If you have to take 20m its 20m that you can put towards something that will work.

Manberg

Predator
Let’s be honest with ourselves. If there were no red card today does anyone really think we would have won that game? 11v11, Leeds looked more likely to score than we did. If anything, losing a man meant we had to become compact and forced Leeds into hopeful crosses. The red card isn’t the sole reason we’re angry with Pepe, it’s because now the excuses have officially worn dry. We angry of what possibly could have been.

Yes, considering Leeds were so wasteful. Pepe would’ve been subbed he was playing poorly. The first half wasn’t great but we’ve seen many improvements in single halves before.

Breezy

Hes crap. Has done 3 or 4 decent things in 18 months. Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Jota, Ferran Torres have all looked better after 3 months than pepe. It hasnt worked and time to sell. If you have to take 20m its 20m that you can put towards something that will work.

The problem with shifting Pepe is that he’s on a fat contract. There are probably numerous teams across Europe who could use him. Unfortunately they’re also the ones who wouldn’t be able to afford his wages.

A loan is probably the best we could do.

Polar Bear

Agreed. I've never been convinced about him since he first started, when Pepe first came he was quite erratic and kept missing, but now he doesn't even do that, he just looks asleep. His body language is terrible.

tcahill

Real shame, the ability is clearly there but the mentality isn't looking good. I still think he could have a future here but he's making it harder for me to defend him.

Looking like one of those players who needs to be the star man in a weaker team.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s playing African Nations next season in the middle of the season. He’ll probably go middle of December and return in late Feb.

So he’ll offer little or nothing next season. Partey and Auba will go too, I don’t know how we’ll cope.

sammy89

We have no luck with these sort of signings.

Liverpool sign Jota for roughly 40m and he hits the ground running yet our record 72m signing is playing like a raw 17 year old talent from the academy.

Actually it's more of an issue with overall transfer policies in the modern era. People are breaking bank for players with only one good season under their belt. That's why only 3 of the top 11 most expensive transfers have worked out well (Ronaldo, Mbappe and Neymar)

GDeep™

League is very weak
People wanted this though? Move away from a manager and get a DoF who runs the club. Raul went against the manager and signed the big exciting player Arsenal fans have been crying about for years.

Polar Bear

Actually it's more of an issue with overall transfer policies in the modern era. People are breaking bank for players with only one good season under their belt. That's why only 3 of the top 11 most expensive transfers have worked out well (Ronaldo, Mbappe and Neymar)
Very true, I totally agree. I have been feeling this way for many years... I feel clubs pay so much money for a player who have only had 1 good season

Consistency is everything in football, you can only win the Prem if you are consistent. We need to see these players over a much longer period of time before paying huge amounts, when you are willing to splash 72 million then I really think you need lots and lots of solid proof that they can play well always. So much flash in the pan signings these days.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

People wanted this though? Move away from a manager and get a DoF who runs the club. Raul went against the manager and signed the big exciting player Arsenal fans have been crying about for years.

I’m sure a lot of people on here wanted Zaha initially but as soon as we got priced out then they accepted Pepe.

Spending 72m on Pepe is a crime just like signing Mustafi for 35m was too.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Are they still spending huge amounts on failed show ponies in the Chinese League? That's our best bet at minimizing our loss here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom