• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
stand by and stand down, drama queens... onwards and upwards.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
That's what an unreserved apology looks like. Now compare that to the Swiss Craig Eastmond's garbage.
That's a different can of worms. When the people are booing you and saying **** about your family, you'd tell them to **** off too.
He didn't have to apologize for being harassed by the fans imo.

Meanwhile, Pepe did a dumb move in the year of our lord VAR and left his teammates doing extra work to not lose the game. Shows how immature he is at 25, ffs.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That's a different can of worms. When the people are booing you and saying **** about your family, you'd tell them to **** off too.
He didn't have to apologize for being harassed by the fans imo.

Meanwhile, Pepe did a dumb move in the year of our lord VAR and left his teammates doing extra work to not lose the game. Shows how immature he is at 25, ffs.
I dont want to go over the nuts and bolts of that incident again, so I'll just point to his crappy 'apology'. 'Sorry, but...'. Worthless.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Honestly. If Alioski stands like a man we're not even talking about this. He's apologised, no reason for Arteta to hold this against him.
That's not why he got sent off. Refs don't always give red cards for hard fouls. They do it when there's unsportsmanlike behavior, which is what Pepe did.

A defender can rent space in your head and it's up to you if you want to kick him out or let him stay there the whole game.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Still find it hard to accept that was a red card offense. Isn’t simulation an offense as well? Xhaka’s mate should have been booked for diving as well with the benefit of VAR.
Intention, apparently. Vieira kicked out at Van Nistlerooy while lying on the floor and missed him by about a yard, but got a red for that. The law hasn't changed since.

WilshereGone

That's not why he got sent off. Refs don't always give red cards for hard fouls. They do it when there's unsportsmanlike behavior, which is what Pepe did.

A defender can rent space in your head and it's up to you if you want to kick him out or let him stay there the whole game.
You're 100% right, but everyone snaps sometimes. It's not like this is a regular thing from Pepe. People make mistakes.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Bloody hell. He needs to give Wenger a call and learn about how you manage human beings. Scott Parker said nicer things about Lookman after his panenka miss and there was a lot more riding on that.

I hope it's just heat of the moment stuff from him but looking at Douzi and Özil I don't know. The unprovoked name check just makes it even worse.

You can also add "On those moments, you can use the excuse that someone has thrown the game away, or you can react and show resilience, ambition and character and belief that you can still win the football match, and that's what the team did tonight."

Again when talking about the team he throws another jab at Pepe. You would think Pepe had done something no other player has ever done. It was his first ever red card. Surely you can make a mistake? even if it is a silly one.

Arteta of all people should know what can happen when an opponent exaggerates contact. He was once send off playing for Everton against us. He accidentally or intentionally hit Fabregas in the face with his arm. Fabregas started rolling around like he was shot and the ref bought it. :lol:

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
You're 100% right, but everyone snaps sometimes. It's not like this is a regular thing from Pepe. People make mistakes.
I understand, but he was already out to prove himself and blew it big time with that sending off.
Some of these players need to have a psychologist at the club to help them control their emotions better.

It just shows how Pepe lack focus to play at the highest level. He gets his chance and decides to use it to risk a red card for the first time in his career for action that has nothing to do with football.

People are trying hard now to victimize Pepe but I think Arteta is right, he let his team down but hopefully, he knows deep inside he let him self down big time here.

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I defended Pepe right up until yesterday but the reality of it is that when the most intensity you've shown in your Arsenal career is the absolute nonsense he pulled yesterday, that's kind of all you need to see. Players can learn to be more tactically astute with experience and coaching. Players can improve their technique with work. If you're wishy washy and languid, that doesn't tend to change. You don't wake up one day with intensity you didn't have before. I don't really care that the little rodent made a meal of it. That's immaterial. You've got a good chance of getting your marching orders for it even if he doesn't go down like he was shot with VAR being what it is. He has the physical tools to be a good player. What we were waiting on was his brain and heart catching up. Neither look too interested in doing so unfortunately. We wasted a ton of money on yet another dud signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom