• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2019

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
No way, Hudson-odoi is quality and Chelsea will regret letting him go in the coming years.. If we do the same and sell Nelson, I’ll be pissed.

You don't sell Nelson who showed he could be a generational talent. You sell the likes of Nketiah and Willock who won't be more then a bit part players here.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
You don't sell Nelson who showed he could be a generational talent. You sell the likes of Nketiah and Willock who won't be more then a bit part players here.

But Hudson-odoi is of similar quality to Nelson, probably better tbh..

I’m not opposed to selling youngsters earlier for decent fees, but if they turn out to be capable squad players that’s a success. Means we won’t need signings like Lichsteiner, Elneny, Perez etc.. I’d rather sell than send them on countless loans though.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Full Spanish international with a very good goalscoring record adds at least another 10m. It's all about pedigree. I'm more surprised a club like Sevilla (who I thought are skint) is willing to spend 40m on one player.

They're a bit short of strikers for their 3412/3421, only got Silva and Ben Yedder. Silva had a good start but now he's dropped of, at least goalswise. Seems kind of similar to Morata: Actually overall a very good player with a decent profile for a forward, but just not enough of a consistent goalscorer to be a viable longterm option as a lone striker.

So they got Silva on loan with a 35 to 40m option to buy, and now they want to do the same with Morata. Seems like they want to bolster their attack for this season and then see which one of those two has the better season and then buy him.

Still: I get the pedigree stuff et al, but I find it still baffling that someone would pay 40m to sign Alvaro Morata. He's "already" 26 but has never shown he can become a top goalthreat. His best season by far was 20 goals in 43 games during his second Real stint.

Last edited:

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
They're building an interesting young midfield, but when are they going to address their need for a top quality goalscorer up front? Hazard can't do it all. And he's probably leaving for Real Madrid in the summer anyway.

Think Hazard not having signed anything yet coupled with Real's definitive need to sign new players is a good sign Hazard will leave Chelsea. At 28, on top of his game and with only 1 year left on his contract it's his time to have another big move - if he doesn't do it this summer I doubt it'll ever happen; his value for money will never be better.
He's also had his fair share of success in England with two league titles, two domestic cups and an EL. The way City and Liverpool are going I doubt Chelsea are close to winning a league title soon - with Hazard or without him, and independently of any signings. 'pool is doing a better job than anyone else right now in the country and City have infinite money and a top manager; these two will "dominate" the league for the next 2 to 5 years. For Chelsea, I feel like this last league title under Conte was rather a last spark than a sign there's still something to come from that team. That squad lacks the sort of identity they had from about the first Mourinho stint to Ancelotti or Villas-Boas, regardless of often changing managers. And they most certainly won't win the Champions League. So there's really nothing left to do for Eden Hazard at that club and in this league. At Real he can become the fulcrum of the post-Ronaldo-rebuild, a bigger paycheck and has a better shot at the CL.

Chelsea are actually pretty close to Arsenal in how their squad looks a bit piecemeal and how it's a bit lacking of clear identity and overall quality and how even a change of managers hasn't properly reignited them. The way we are reliant on our goalscorers, they are carried by Hazard.

Nevertheless, if they can hold on to Kovacic, getting Paredes and Barella is good business. A midfield of Kovacic, Kante and Paredes with someone like Barella coming through behind them is a good basis to build from. Add a striker and a top class winger plus a couple of sales that's a good start for a rebuild from them. Also, in contrast to Emery, Sarri is actually implementing a certain style of play and tactics, even if it doesn't come off yet - but you can tell there is something which will probably come to life sooner or later. It would be a mistake to let Hudson-Odoi go, though - everyone and his dog is seemingly looking to sign young, english attacking talent, but Chelsea are about to let theirs go:lol:

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Think Hazard not having signed anything yet coupled with Real's definitive need to sign new players is a good sign Hazard will leave Chelsea. At 28, on top of his game and with only 1 year left on his contract it's his time to have another big move - if he doesn't do it this summer I doubt it'll ever happen; his value for money will never be better.
He's also had his fair share of success in England with two league titles, two domestic cups and an EL. The way City and Liverpool are going I doubt Chelsea are close to winning a league title soon - with Hazard or without him, and independently of any signings. 'pool is doing a better job than anyone else right now in the country and City have infinite money and a top manager; these two will "dominate" the league for the next 2 to 5 years. For Chelsea, I feel like this last league title under Conte was rather a last spark than a sign there's still something to come from that team. That squad lacks the sort of identity they had from about the first Mourinho stint to Ancelotti or Villas-Boas, regardless of often changing managers. And they most certainly won't win the Champions League. So there's really nothing left to do for Eden Hazard at that club and in this league. At Real he can become the fulcrum of the post-Ronaldo-rebuild, a bigger paycheck and has a better shot at the CL.

Chelsea are actually pretty close to Arsenal in how their squad looks a bit piecemeal and how it's a bit lacking of clear identity and overall quality and how even a change of managers hasn't properly reignited them. The way we are reliant on our goalscorers, they are carried by Hazard.

Nevertheless, if they can hold on to Kovacic, getting Paredes and Barella is good business. A midfield of Kovacic, Kante and Paredes with someone like Barella coming through behind them is a good basis to build from. Add a striker and a top class winger plus a couple of sales that's a good start for a rebuild from them. It would be a mistake to let Hudson-Odoi go, though - everyone and his dog is seemingly looking to sign young, english attacking talent, but Chelsea are about to let theirs go:lol:

I'm surprised by this talk of Hudson-Odoi going. I can see why Bayern and others would want him, of course. Well, you remember how good he looked against Arsenal. They should try to hold onto him if they can. Even beyond the likelihood of Hazard leaving, Pedro and Willian are both over 30 and will be entering the final year of their contract next summer. Pulisic will be coming aboard, but he's still a young, developing player as well. So the opportunity would be there for Hudson-Odoi pretty quickly if he stays.

Of course, I hope he goes.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
£31.4m Bayern got Pavard for...foreign clubs absolutely get players a lot cheaper than PL clubs can. Just over 30m for one of the best defensive prospects in the world, while the likes of Benteke and Drinkwater go for more than that. Anyway f*ck Bayern, the pricks.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Bayern have signed Pavard for €35. That’s a snip especially at that price.

How the **** do Bayern bully teams?

Barcelona are also getting Todibo for free. Fantastic talent. We should have been on that case from early.

They’ll probably get Rabiot on a free too.

Last edited:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

£31.4m Bayern got Pavard for...foreign clubs absolutely get players a lot cheaper than PL clubs can. Just over 30m for one of the best defensive prospects in the world, while the likes of Benteke and Drinkwater go for more than that. Anyway f*ck Bayern, the pricks.

It’s ******* mind boggling but I read somewhere that Bayern took advantage of a clause in his contract.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom