• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepes blue pill

Nothing to be done about that, really. It's a direct result of the Premier League being an enjoyable product. More interest = bigger TV deals, more merchandise = bigger profit = bigger ability to spend = bigger demand from fellow English teams.

Its more about how well marketed it is compared to everywhere else

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Wtf are we doing? If what Banter says is correct and he's the next Pogba we should be matching it and sending him back to Birmingham on loan for the next 18 months. He'd fit in nicely with the young team we're building.
Our squad is in such shambles that we can't afford to park €35m elsewhere for 18 months, even if we do need to keep an eye out for smart future purchases.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Its more about how well marketed it is compared to everywhere else

That's a factor, but it's more the aura of the league. The atmosphere and the particular style of football just isn't the same in other leagues. Even at its weakest, PL was more enjoyable for me to follow than other leagues.

Malky

Established Member
Our squad is in such shambles that we can't afford to park €35m elsewhere for 18 months, even if we do need to keep an eye out for smart future purchases.
As much as the future star he could potentially be, like you said, we simply don't have the finances, or are in the right position with a squad needing rebuilt, to spend £30M on a 16 year old, that may, or may not, fulfill his massive potential.

Pepes blue pill

That's a factor, but it's more the aura of the league. The atmosphere and the particular style of football just isn't the same in other leagues. Even at its weakest, PL was more enjoyable for me to follow than other leagues.

Atmosphere is better in loads of leagues and by miles as well

Bloodbather

Established Member

Atmosphere is better in loads of leagues and by miles as well

I disagree, and judging by the numbers many other people do as well. It's a matter of taste, can't just throw out "it's just better marketing" as the reason for the success of a product that doesn't suit your tastes.

(By atmosphere I wasn't referring to the fans by the way - if you took it that way. Being Turkish I know very well that there are far more passionate, interesting crowds elsewhere.)

Pepes blue pill

I disagree, and judging by the numbers many other people do as well. It's a matter of taste, can't just throw out "it's just better marketing" as the reason for the success of a product that doesn't suit your tastes.

firstly thats why I used the word MORE, kinda of implies its not the only reason, thats all

and you are seriously biased if you think the atmosphere in other leagues isnt better

and wtf are you on about 'my tastes' prem is my fav league, im just not biased to think its a superior product or if other leagues had a marketing we had they wouldnt be as big etc

Bloodbather

Established Member

firstly thats why I used the word MORE, kinda of implies its not the only reason, thats all

and you are seriously biased if you think the atmosphere in other leagues isnt better

and wtf are you on about 'my tastes' prem is my fav league, im just not biased to think its a superior product or if other leagues had a marketing we had they wouldnt be as big etc

Of course I am "biased" - so are you. That's what having an opinion is.

Marketing isn't the reason why I like PL over the other leagues, and neither is it for you. You are grossly overstating its relevance.

PL has a ton of qualities that make it unique - it's the current incarnation of the oldest league in the world, its clubs are the oldest clubs in the world, the stadiums and pitches are set up differently than elsewhere with crowds being near the pitch, the way crowds react to the game is unique compared to the rest of the world, the style of football is very dynamic and athletic, and mid-table/low-table teams are more interesting compared to other leagues. Throw all that on top of having always been one of the leagues with the highest level of player quality, you get a great product.

Another significant factor is that English is the most popular second language in the world, it's easier for non-English people to connect with the players, announcers, fans and even become a part of communities related to the league and its teams, yours truly being an example.

Pepes blue pill

Of course I am "biased" - so are you. That's what having an opinion is.

No it's not :lol: stopped reading here

Bias would be me saying Arsenal are a better team than liverpool simply because I support arsenal

Me saying liverpool is better than Arsenal would not be bias as we all know that they are a better team atm

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I mean didn't we do this with Saliba? Obviously for 12 months instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom