• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Reading Barca are closing in on Valencia's Rodrigo.

Hoping to wake up to a lock on the Auba thread.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Always makes me laugh when fans demand a staff member of a club too just leave :lol:
Yeah in this case they are right though. Who the **** buys Bruma? After his break through at Sporting he’s been at 3 clubs and scored like 25 goals in 7 years. That’s the guy you buy when you need to replace the goals from your top scorer Luuk de Jong? :lol:

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Yeah in this case they are right though. Who the **** buys Bruma? After his break through at Sporting he’s been at 3 clubs and scored like 25 goals in 7 years. That’s the guy you buy when you need to replace the goals from your top scorer Luuk de Jong? :lol:

It's Erdevise mate. That [Mod Edit: unnecessary] could be topscorer there.

You've also just signed Babel, tf is up with that. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
It's Erdevise mate. That [Mod Edit: unnecessary] could be topscorer there.

You've also just signed Babel, tf is up with that. :lol:
Injury crisis on the wings, but in my opinion it's an another indictment of Overmars' squad planning/balance.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Im not even sure if he’s top 10 and then you consider the new generation guys like Demiral, Joe Gomez and De Ligt.

Don't think he'd have the same kind of impact VVD had at Liverpool and I guess that's why he's still at Napoli and clubs are unwilling to pay 80m or more for him.

Toby

If VVD leave it'll be either barca or real madrid. Juve would be step down

Hm, don't really now. If Juve are clever they can build pretty strong team over the next few years. Ronaldo has been questionable on the field, but he's clearly boosted their brand. They still got someone like Dybala on their team. They just signed De Ligt. Once they get rif of Ronaldo and add younger quality forwards they could go places, especially as I think Barca and Real are clearly in decline.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hm, don't really now. If Juve are clever they can build pretty strong team over the next few years. Ronaldo has been questionable on the field, but he's clearly boosted their brand. They still got someone like Dybala on their team. They just signed De Ligt. Once they get rif of Ronaldo and add younger quality forwards they could go places, especially as I think Barca and Real are clearly in decline.

Think Real are back in the ascendency mate unfortunately. They’ve bought well in South America and they have a lot of young players coming through all over the pitch.

Adding a big young name like a Haaland or Mbappe and they’ll be back where they were five years ago.

Toby

Think Real are back in the ascendency mate unfortunately. They’ve bought well in South America and they have a lot of young players coming through all over the pitch.

Adding a big young name like a Haaland or Mbappe and they’ll be back where they were five years ago.

The younger players will need a few seasons to find consistency, I guess. And they're stacked up top with Rodryo, Vinicius, Jovic, Reinier, but their midfield will need a revamp eventually - Kroos and Modric don't have the required level anymore and are on the wrong side of 30. Ramos and Marcelo will be big losses in many ways, too, and their supposed replacements Mendy and Militao haven't kicked into gear, yet. But I guess they're overall in a better situation than Barca.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
, especially as I think Barca and Real are clearly in decline.

I think a lot of their future resurrection will depend solely on what Mbappe does, he seems to be the next big thing and I'd imagine he is destined for one of the two clubs, probably Madrid.

Whichever one gets him will put them back up there.

If he signs for Madrid and they get Pogba I think Madrid could go on to dominate again, they would have a French spine consisting of;

Varane, Pogba, Mbappe, then it also has Mendy and Areola, Zidane as manager.

Madrid also seem to have been going somewhat steady the past few years in the transfer market compared to the usual huge signings every year, I wonder if they are stacking that Mbappe/Pogba money for when the time is right..

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Feel like Piatek has gone off the boil a bit, since his red hot start at Milan he’s struggled from about March onwards where he’s only scored 7 goals in the league since.

He just looks like a massive trap to me for a big fee, he’s not even come off the bench for Milan in the past few weeks.

Reactions: A_G

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
When you have Auba, Martinelli and Nketiah and see your rivals are desperate for Slimani, Llorente and Piatek.

200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom