• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 659,313
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ohammed-salisu-for-10-9m-from-real-valladolid

Could be a shrewd signing for Soton. Salisu is only 21 and had a breakthrough season in La Liga. But still very raw player.

I’d tried to watch him quite a bit but he got dropped towards the end of the season because he made a lot of mistakes.

Not at the level we’d need to be but for a lower midtable side like Southampton he could be a good investment.

More of a 50/50 compared to when they bought Van Dijk.

FinnGooner

Established Member
I’d tried to watch him quite a bit but he got dropped towards the end of the season because he made a lot of mistakes.

Not at the level we’d need to be but for a lower midtable side like Southampton he could be a good investment.

More of a 50/50 compared to when they bought Van Dijk.

Yeah for sure not somebody we should be after. But I doubt he will be as clear starter for them next season as Van Dijk was. VvD was 24 when they brought him. I think Salisu will be eased in as he is still very young, and like you said, error prone. But his physical attributes are impressive though and he could be a good PL defender in a year or two.

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Guardiola the youth proponent and player developer.

There's no doubt that Pep has immense football knowledge, but I really have a hard time understanding how he's that successfull as a coach.

Admittedly, he's also only been to prime teams with pretty much worldclass players only and huge cash to spend.

But the thing is, he's really really bad in talking to his players. Seen some of the behind the scenes speeches before games and it's shockingly underwhelming what he's got to offer in terms of figure of speech and bringing his message across.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Guardiola is getting a 300 million warchest while we need to do it with free transfers and most likely 50 million strange times.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Guardiola is getting a 300 million warchest while we need to do it with free transfers and most likely 50 million strange times.

There's a lot not to like about our recent past and probably good bits of our upcoming future, but I'll really never look over to City to compare - they are not the benchmark, they are not a role-model and they don't deserve that attention.

One of the reasons for a ****ed up football world

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I really don't know much about both players much but both seem hyped at least Gabriel played in much better level than Ben White

That is true, dont want to sound overly bias on the English players as I'm not usually bothered on nationality but I think White is the better option in terms of resell value, homegrown status and would stick to England, it just seems less risk even if Gabriel was currently the better player.

But then there is Chambers and Holding who would look excellent in the Championship so its a tough call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom