• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Messi will go to PSG I think
Yeah that's plausible. I mean I really want him to take on the PL challenge personally but can see why he might want PSG instead. A couple of easy league titles and the possibility of going after another CL with Mbappe and Neymar.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Wonder if Lautaro moves this year and if so to whom. Strong links to Barca last summer but they're broke, and they're also linked to Depay. For me if Barca go for Depay I'd be tempted to put a big ol' offer down for Lautaro. Likewise if Barca go for Lautaro I'd go for Depay.

Depay, Lautaro, G. Jesus, Dybala...outside bet but I wonder if one of them could be our marquee summer signing and Lacazette replacement.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah that's plausible. I mean I really want him to take on the PL challenge personally but can see why he might want PSG instead. A couple of easy league titles and the possibility of going after another CL with Mbappe and Neymar.

I'm not for one second doubting whether Messi would perform in the PL but I think at his age he'd just get battered, kicked and injured and it would finish him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Why does Matt Law "really hope" it works out for Drinkwater anyway :lol:

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Why does Matt Law "really hope" it works out for Drinkwater anyway :lol:

A trend i've noticed in recent years is people being exceptionally sympathetic to footballers, assuming the absolute very best of them, that they're incredibly kind and intelligent people. I always think...like why?

There are a few exceptions when a player actually does something off the pitch which is noteworthy or speaks in an interesting way, like Rashford, Mata or Bellerin. But literally any random player can give the most mundane interview and he'll get praised for being highly erudite and thoroughly decent.

Yesterday during one of the games the commentator went out of his way to praise the players for "entertaining the nation during this hard time" as if they're key f*cking workers. Like dude, they get paid thousands a week to do a job they love and they live with minimal restrictions, they're not making sacrifices here.

Also people defending how players celebrate, saying it's just a natural reaction...like no it isn't. I played football, I scored goals now and then, never had the urge to uncontrollably run into a huddle of 5-6 people.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I reckon Messi goes to PSG to link up with Poch and Neymar, slightly easier league allows him to ease into his decline while also going for the CL. PSG line up with Neymar-Icardi-Messi and it's glorious.

Mbappe finally goes to Madrid. Haaland might just stay another year at Dortmund, and then when his release clause becomes active in 2022 it'll be a free-for-all, otherwise Dortmund will ask for crazy money for him this summer.

Sancho moves this summer, probably to Utd but not necessarily, maybe to another English team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom