• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Not only Celta Vigo....Chelsea are at it too

fredthered

About a week ago i stated my displeasure at the £37 price of a ticket to see Arsenal play Celta Vigo in Spain on 24th February.

However a bit closer to home i am finding things ridiculous. A ticket to Chelsea vs. Arsenal in the premiership three days before the trip to spain costs an incredible £49 !!!

Has anyone else found this ridiculous?

JazzG

Established Member
Their tickets have always been expensive, Roman has to get his money back somehow ;)

fredthered

I know they have always been expensive but i can go to 4 matches at Highbury for the same price as one match away at Stamford Bridge.

****ing disgrace you would have thought that Chelsea could afford to lower the seat prices now they arent in financial trouble.

Pat's missing Gerbil

chelsea are a cheap club run by cheap people. They have as much class as a tart's knickers at the end of the night.

Ive met disabled arsenal fans who can at least joke that it is one of the few games they get a refund for the seats from the chelsea fans...........because they get coins thrown at them from the surrounding chelsea "supporters". Has anyone of the those people who threw a lighter and coins at both of the FA cup games last year been found as promised by Master Bates? Have they ****.

SydneyGunnerFan

thats a bit much for like a game in the premier league in australia if we want to watch our local teams play in the national soccer league (NSL) we pay something like $10 to $15

Soler

Established Member
Even AFL tickets are relatively cheap. Crows match at Footy Park, for me, is only $14.40.

gooner_srf

hey people..at least u guys can go there and watch the game live... :wink: imagine all gooner in the other part of the world who are far far away from highbury.. :cry:

Anders Limpar

...me and my friend paid dear old London a visit this autumn and went to see Arsenal v. Newcastle and we paid hell of a lot more than £49 at the black market :p But it was all worth it...

Happy fool

fredthered

Once off i'm sure its fine but if prices are high then it stops real arsenal fans going to every match because its unaffordable.

Anders Limpar

fredthered,

Correct my friend, and nothing could be more boring than when travelling from all over the world to Highbury (and in the future Ashburton) and the atmosphere is nothing like it used to be because the true fans can't afford it anymore and the audience is filled with suits...

...isn't that what they say about Old Trafford today?

Sammer

Established Member
That is insane money - I mean, are you talking about first-class seats or what?

Over here, the prices are about 25 Pounds for a top-seat. The most I paid was Germany vs. France at about 30 Pounds.... but 49 at Chelski sounds insane.

fredthered

Sammer, it is outrageous

To put it in perspective i used to be a Junior Gunner which costs £12.50 for a ticket at highbury the reduced rate for under 16 at chelsea is 24 , nearly double what it is at highbury!

Red-Man

Anders Limpar said:
fredthered,

Correct my friend, and nothing could be more boring than when travelling from all over the world to Highbury (and in the future Ashburton) and the atmosphere is nothing like it used to be because the true fans can't afford it anymore and the audience is filled with suits...

...isn't that what they say about Old Trafford today?

No, they say Old Triffid is filled with PRAWNS!!!

:lol:

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
The seats we get at chelski are ****e. some are even restricted view! I know a lot of people who go to most games but have refused to go to chelski for years.

Anders Limpar

Okay then, I just have to tell you all what I paid to watch Arsenal v. Newcastle...

...in my defense I went to London for almost nothing and staid at a friends place so my weekend vacation was all about me and my needs...

...I spoilt myself with a £90 ticket and had to sit behind drunk norwegians!! How about that??? :eek:ops: :eek:ops: :eek:ops:

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom