• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: Au Revoir Cher Ami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

105 goals in just 5 and a half years is pretty great for a guy who was constantly looked down upon. Regardless of what you thought of his ability, the guy was a warrior pure and simple, never let his head be down for too long would always look for that next chance. He's scored in big games, the win vs Bayern, the win away to City, the late equaliser at Old Trafford, plenty of times vs Liverpool and of course winners in the NLD. Not to mention the assist that ended our trophy drought and another assist in the cup final two years later. In his first season he had tricky times and it was often said that he wasn't a big game player, well he certainly put that theory to bed. Then I remember time he keep back from an injury quickly in 14/15 and went on a great scoring run. While in 15/16 he fought his way back into the starting 11 after we went with Theo for a while.

Arsène said it best, he's the guy who you'd want in the trenches with you, because he just keeps on fighting and never gives up. Thank you scorpion king for your contributions to this football club, they'll never be forgotten.

Gooner_girl14

Man, we've lost all our top scorers in Walcott, Alexis and now Giroud all in one window. Would have liked to keep Giroud. I don't think he wanted to leave but he wants to be in the WC squad and needs more game time than he's been getting here. He was never that 20 goal/season striker that we sorely needed once RVP left (always a level below), but he was a great signing overall and his best goals rival that of Henry's. Good luck Oli.

say yes

forum master baiter
State of some of the revisionist rubbish in this thread :lol:

Poor player who only started getting any of this weird hipster love when he grew a beard.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Up there with Rosicky for me as the most likeable player of the Emirates era. Gave his all, even if he was limited. Hopefully the fans will give him a standing ovation next season when he will come back.
It will be unusual because we loathe Chelsea so much but he will get it. As will Theo. Sanchez will hopefully get booed.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

If you had told me Giroud, Alexis & Theo would leave in the Jan window... incredible!
Goodluck for your personal life Oli... hope you flop football wise ...

blaze_of_glory

boa8ktsrygd01.jpg

Gooner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom