• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Not sure what the club are playing at to be honest thinking they can loan starters from the best team in South America. They’d have to make it an obligation to buy and if they’re not willing to do that it just looks like they’re only using him for 4 months, 4 months where he’ll probably get no game time and then be sent back. Flamengo aren’t going to agree to that.

There's 0 upside for flamengo to let him go on loan.

Libertadores is starting soon and it'll be a much better shop window for him and his club than playing mid table football.

What on earth is the club thinking if any of this is true.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We honestly can't be that broke we can't afford to give Flamengo 9m euros and only want loan. Loan make no sense he having his holiday not played football or training for about a month he'll need 3 weeks to get in good shape and fitness so won't be able to play him until at least March.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We honestly can't be that broke we can't afford to give Flamengo 9m euros and only want loan. Loan make no sense he having his holiday not played football or training for about a month he'll need 3 weeks to get in good shape and fitness so won't be able to play him until at least March.

I don’t think it’s a case of being broke and more likely that they just want someone to cover until the summer so don’t want to commit any funds now. That only works if you’re targeting players clubs don’t want (like Lemar for example) which Mari isn’t. Flamengo obviously don’t want to loan him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don’t think it’s a case of being broke and more likely that they just want someone to cover until the summer so don’t want to commit any funds now. That only works if you’re targeting players clubs don’t want (like Lemar for example) which Mari isn’t. Flamengo obviously don’t want to loan him.
I thought about that too but if this really the case then don't sign nobody this window i mean we are awful defensively anyway one player who is not world class won't solve the problem

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
I thought about that too but if this really the case then don't sign nobody this window i mean we are awful defensively anyway one player who is not world class won't solve the problem

If we can make sure that Mustafi doesnt play its necessary to get someone in now.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The guy who broke the story saying the club didn’t even tell him to travel :lol:

Reactions: A_G

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Sounds just like last January. We can only do loans / frees / loans to buy / super cheap deals. Has to be hard getting clubs to agree.

Emery called them out on it last year. Orny set it out last week.

The worrying thing is we shifted 200k off the wage bill & brought in potentially 25m last deadline day. Was this just balancing the books?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom