• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Can't say I've ever been a huge fan. He'll play a blinder, smack one in from 20+ yards then go missing for 3/4 games.
If he comes here to play LCM as in his last season at Pool and can replicate that form he’d be immense.

Not only did he have very good goal contribution but he also was a monster at progressing the ball up the pitch. More yards carried per 90 than Grealish this year and really good passing progression as well. Combined progressive distance more than de Bruyne has per 90.

That’s the Coutinho you hope to get and while we might not, I’d be wary of assigning it do decline before we actually see him in that role again. It’s a risk, but on a loan it’s one worth taking.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He's loads better than Grealish and people are wanking themselves silly over The Brummie Wilshere.
Would love Grealish in the same role, but won’t happen I fear. Coutinho is a very good low-risk alternative

Grealish is good, but when you factor in all of the information available Coutinho seems a much better option. The information (if true) is that Grealish is being touted at 80m, which is Maguire territory so makes some sense, whilst Coutinho maybe available for 50m or even on a loan basis. Coutinho is infinitely more proven at every level in comparison to Grealish, there simply is no comparison. With King Kia on our team, we can probably get Coutimho with relative ease.

Factor in ESR has huge potential, so could be ready to take over from Coutinho in as little as 2, but maybe 3 years. Coutinho makes a lot more sense.

Personally, I'd go loan with option to buy and then strike after we **** Özil off next summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we got rid of Mkhi 180k the Coutinho and Willian salary won't impact us too much specially if coutinho take a pay cut like he did with Bayern.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That’s a lot when you’re always told we have no money. Expensive loans don’t make sense for us.
if everything is true Willian and Coutinho will both cost us less than 30M it's clear we targeting to spend big on CB and CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom