• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

That’s a lot when you’re always told we have no money. Expensive loans don’t make sense for us.

What do you suggest we do with with 10 million we'd spend on a player like Coutinho?

GDeep™

League is very weak
What do you suggest we do with with 10 million we'd spend on a player like Coutinho?
Hard to say when you put it like that. I’m sure he’ll cost more anyway.

Maybe invest in a young player. Rather than just a one season loan for someone who’s struggled for a few years now.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Maybe invest in a young player. Rather than just a one season loan for someone who’s struggled for a few years now.

Don't need younger players tho, we have them in abundance.

You loans are a risk, seems like a big fee but could pay off. Worst case is taking him on, no resale value and 4 year contract etc.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Barcelona are in a lot more financial trouble than us, we have quite a bit of power in the negotiations. Could help us get a low fee just to take some of his wages of their books

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think ESR will stay to rotate with Coutinho. next summer we'll think about spend bit of money on attacking midfielder and maybe wide player when Özil contract ends. getting Partey deal done and signing good CB is important in this window.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
It’s going to be more. Like i said, when your club is crying poverty it’s seems expensive, to me anyway.

In any case, even though we all agree on the point that Coutinho left to Barcelona for way beyond his worth, loaning out a player for a years is tied to losing a part of your investment.

In that sense, whether it's 10m, which is the only number we've heared so far, or a bit more, it's still a deal in which we are certainly not the losing side, but Barca seems to have become quite deperate to save money.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Every time I think 'oh no, not Coutinho' I remind myself, Willock, Xhaka, Ceballos, Guendouzi and Toreira scored 3 Premier League goals between them. Even if he had a stinker of a season I fancy him to get double that.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Coming from you it’s a concern, legit contacts in the game.

Been going for weekend Farinas with Kia and Edu for some time. Big plans for the club.

Edu has devised a bold new self sustaining model where everyone employed at the club is a Kia client.

Once David Luiz has retired he’ll be moved into a groundsman role, Cedric to work in the ticket office and Mari to work as kit man.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So the plan is we hope for a successful loan from Coutinho and William gives us a good year and it maximises our chances in PL and EL of getting back into Champions League

Along with other players improving (Pepe and Saka , a fit Bellerin)

Could be enough along with Arteta

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Name a young player you'd like instead of being a contrarian and p***ophile. Your budget is a 10 - 15m cost next year. Off you go...

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Josh said get excited. If we can line up with Ceballos, Coutinho, Willian, Pepe and Aubameyang in our front 5, I'll be walking around with a 24 erection on match days.

Chance creation and sexy football fc

Gunners1616

Every time I think 'oh no, not Coutinho' I remind myself, Willock, Xhaka, Ceballos, Guendouzi and Toreira scored 3 Premier League goals between them. Even if he had a stinker of a season I fancy him to get double that.

Indeed. Truth be told we have nobody in our team capable of being a starter for Bayern Munich. That alone should settle all the debate about his potential added value to our team.

As for the terms of the deal let's first see if it goes through but unless the loan is like 20M with no option to buy him (huge risk if he gets injured), then i don't see anything to moan about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom