• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pick your current strongest world XI

Shalmaneser V

Mine:

5f32d57e90a38.jpg

You can pick up to 7 subs:

(Subs)
Alisson
Marquinhos
Kimmich
Frenkie De Jong
Mane
C. Ronaldo
Mbappe

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Don't rate any goalkeepers really these days, would put Emi in my team!

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Some good shouts there. Particularly Alaba who been a revelation in central defence. Is there any position on the pitch that guy can’t excel in.

Nope. That's why he's apparently asking for massive wages at Bayern and a transfer might actually be realistic.

Toby

If he does go, where do you see him ending up?

Tbh I fully expect Bayern to give him the money and play him at CB.

Reports in Germany said City wanted him but he doesn't want City. Chelsea are targeting Havertz.

He'd make lots of sense for Juventus as a left footed CB successor to Chiellini/Bonnucci and future partner of De Ligt. Would also make hell of a sense for the frenchies as left CB and Thiago Silva successor. Real need someone to follow Ramos but he's in Madrid until at least '21.

Tbh, a left footed CB who can also play LB, LW and CM without almost any dip in performance is a fit for any top club right now. Liverpool, United, etc they all could do with one.

As I said, I think it's most likely he'll get what he wants in Munich. But if I was Liverpool, I'd scrap together all I had and get both Thiago and Alaba for probably around 100m. Gives them a massive leftie partner for VVD with Gomez as 3rd one, another backup option for LB and LW and CDM and CM as well as two players who will help them control games and manage possession.

That's what I would do. But I think the next most realistic option after staying at Bayern is actually paris.

Shalmaneser V

Tbh I fully expect Bayern to give him the money and play him at CB.

Reports in Germany said City wanted him but he doesn't want City. Chelsea are targeting Havertz.

He'd make lots of sense for Juventus as a left footed CB successor to Chiellini/Bonnucci and future partner of De Ligt. Would also make hell of a sense for the frenchies as left CB and Thiago Silva successor. Real need someone to follow Ramos but he's in Madrid until at least '21.

Tbh, a left footed CB who can also play LB, LW and CM without almost any dip in performance is a fit for any top club right now. Liverpool, United, etc they all could do with one.

As I said, I think it's most likely he'll get what he wants in Munich. But if I was Liverpool, I'd scrap together all I had and get both Thiago and Alaba for probably around 100m. Gives them a massive leftie partner for VVD with Gomez as 3rd one, another backup option for LB and LW and CDM and CM as well as two players who will help them control games and manage possession.

That's what I would do. But I think the next most realistic option after staying at Bayern is actually paris.

Could certainly see Liverpool dominating for next few years by bringing Alaba and Thiago on board. Thankfully I don’t see both happening. Thiago maybe, but Alaba will almost certainly extend at Bayern.

Toby

Could certainly see Liverpool dominating for next few years by bringing Alaba and Thiago on board. Thankfully I don’t see both happening. Thiago maybe, but Alaba will almost certainly extend at Bayern.

Thinking the same. Thiago might be on the same getting a raise train as Alaba, but if one of them leaves it's probably going to be him.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Jan Oblak
Trent Alexander-Arnold
Alphonso Davies
Virgil van Dijk
David Alaba
Joshua Kimmich
Thiago Alcantara
Kevin De Bruyne
Lionel Messi
Neymar