• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I rate Ings tbh, I reckon he would be an upgrade on Lacazette. His pressing and pick pocketing game is very good and he doesn’t lose his goals from doing it.

Injury and fitness is what held him back but Hasenhüttl seems to have got him into shape. He could never step to the King Auba though that is laughable.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He crucified his doubters and naysayers.That’s all he’s ever done since he pulled the jersey on :lol:
A certain poster here said our attack went to shít when Auba came in and he'll take Giroud over Auba. I won't mention names though. I'll give you a clue; He's part of the usual suspects

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Think you’re looking for the “Lacazette” thread.
Nope. Got the right thread.

Numerous calls to sell him now and get a more rounded striker in Eduoard and play Martinelli left wing instead.

A prominent poster here compared him to Walcott.

Another poster said Lukaku is better.

Another poster said we should sell and resign Giroud.

I’m not kidding these are actual real quotes like, foreal foreal.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Great goalscorer but he is limited. Had a really nice FA cup final which was delightful but people getting carried away (again).

As always with the very best players a good indicator is always which clubs want you, sure there might be some interest but none of the top clubs are willing to risk the wages & fee it would take to get Aubameyang and that highlights my point.

Very much hope he continues how he ended the season btw & he seems like a really decent guy but those that worship him is a little over the top for me.

Im sure I’ll get a cascade of abuse but hey ho, thats what forums are for right?

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Numerous calls to sell him now and get a more rounded striker in Eduoard and play Martinelli left wing instead.

I can even name names

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
A certain poster here said our attack went to shít when Auba came in and he'll take Giroud over Auba. I won't mention names though. I'll give you a clue; He's part of the usual suspects
I’m in no mood for guessing, just quote the vegetable so people can laugh :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Really can't believe some of you tried to say that bum Lacazette was the better player :lol: Arsenal fans are so stupid at times.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Do you ever stop crying about other posters or is that what gets you off?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Where do you see tears? I find it hilarious

The guy is clearly Elite but somehow everyone sees it differently or has their own preferences.

Walcott, Giroud :lol:
Some of these posts are war crimes and I’m just glad I have sense and don’t say such things.

Last edited:

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Really can't believe some of you tried to say that bum Lacazette was the better player :lol: Arsenal fans are so stupid at times.
2253541.jpg

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I’m in no mood for guessing, just quote the vegetable so people can laugh :lol:

These are the ones I could find :lol:

I think you can make a pretty solid argument that he hasn't improved the team. As an above poster noted we we were 5th before he came. We've been 6th, 5th, and currently we are 9th.

Get 40-60 M for Auba and get Cavani in on 1 year deal.

Sell then Laca for 10-20 M. Its a good business I think.

I think you can make a pretty solid argument that he hasn't improved the team. As an above poster noted we we were 5th before he came. We've been 6th, 5th, and currently we are 9th.
The attack has had no coherence with these two in it and we have struggled so often playing good attacking football! Complete overhaul! I agree!

Hopefully, we manage to get rid of both and build a more coherent attack for the future!
By both he means Laca and Auba.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Where do you see tears? I find it hilarious

The guy is clearly Elite but somehow everyone sees it differently or has their own preferences.

Walcott, Giroud :lol:
Some of these posts are war crimes and I’m just glad I have sense and don’t say such things.

There are arguments for and against though. He is an elite goal scorer with an incredibly strong mentality, but it is a fact that he is also limited.

Obviously limitations can be mitigated, but emotional responses in wanting him to be sold are warranted and I don't blame anyone for having them as we have seen this club go through a similar cycle with all of our highest performing players in the past.

Take this as a scenario. Say Auba said he didn't want to sign due to the lack of ambition of the club and requested to be sold this window. Say an offer came from abroad, but he wanted to move to Chelsea. Say he went to Chelsea, scored 30 goals and they won the league.

That is the exact same situation as RVP and Auba maintains goodwill currently as he looks like he is going to sign, but let's not forget that he dragged this on. Let's also not forget that he is old. As much as he is physically a freak, time catches up with everyone. Sometimes players gradually drop off, sometimes they fall off a cliff. Sometimes they maintain it. Alexis and Van Persie both fell of cliffs. Vardy has maintained it. Henry gradually declined.

In all honesty, we don't know how Auba will be these next two years, it is a risk, but it is probably worth it for one reason. We have a ready made replacement. If you build your team around Auba, it would make sense as we already have his successor in Martinelli.

It's all about how you use Auba now. Arteta has said he views him as a cf and Martinelli also. Martinelli will develop his hold up play to be well rounded, but in order to get the best out of Auba right now at CF, we need to sort the midfield. We don't need hold up play from your cf if you have technically gifted players around them that can create. If Auba is left then you definitely need hold up play from the centre as you can't build effectively down his side, not purely because he can't hold the ball, more to do with the fact that you want him in the box.

pikey2000

There are arguments for and against though. He is an elite goal scorer with an incredibly strong mentality, but it is a fact that he is also limited.

Obviously limitations can be mitigated, but emotional responses in wanting him to be sold are warranted and I don't blame anyone for having them as we have seen this club go through a similar cycle with all of our highest performing players in the past.

Take this as a scenario. Say Auba said he didn't want to sign due to the lack of ambition of the club and requested to be sold this window. Say an offer came from abroad, but he wanted to move to Chelsea. Say he went to Chelsea, scored 30 goals and they won the league.

That is the exact same situation as RVP and Auba maintains goodwill currently as he looks like he is going to sign, but let's not forget that he dragged this on. Let's also not forget that he is old. As much as he is physically a freak, time catches up with everyone. Sometimes players gradually drop off, sometimes they fall off a cliff. Sometimes they maintain it. Alexis and Van Persie both fell of cliffs. Vardy has maintained it. Henry gradually declined.

In all honesty, we don't know how Auba will be these next two years, it is a risk, but it is probably worth it for one reason. We have a ready made replacement. If you build your team around Auba, it would make sense as we already have his successor in Martinelli.

It's all about how you use Auba now. Arteta has said he views him as a cf and Martinelli also. Martinelli will develop his hold up play to be well rounded, but in order to get the best out of Auba right now at CF, we need to sort the midfield. We don't need hold up play from your cf if you have technically gifted players around them that can create. If Auba is left then you definitely need hold up play from the centre as you can't build effectively down his side, not purely because he can't hold the ball, more to do with the fact that you want him in the box.

Good post. As with most debates these days people see it so black and white, your either wrong or right, whereas it is entirely possible to understand that Auba has limitations yet is still an elite level goal scorer, his records speaks for itself.

Auba for example is nowhere near as tidy on the ball as an Aguero, he's rarely going to take someone one with skill like a Sterling, nor is he going to hold the ball up/link midfield and attack in the same way a Giroud can, so he is limited in some areas but he is also elite in others, for example his movement in and around the box, its not an accident he is often in the right place for a tap in, the runs he makes are elite level and crucially his finishing is elite level, you'd back him to finish 9/10 times when he gets an opportunity.

For me he has to go up top and we build creativity around him so he can just concentrate on making space for himself and converting, I get the comparison with Henry but Henry could create something out of nothing for himself, he could as in that famous Sp**s goal, ghost past hordes of players to get a goal for himself, Auba doesn't have that in his locker which is why some people label him limited.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Henry could create something out of nothing for himself, he could as in that famous Sp**s goal, ghost past hordes of players to get a goal for himself, Auba doesn't have that in his locker which is why some people label him limited.
That's not a reason to mark a player down though, Henry is in the 1%, very few are running the length of the pitch and scoring without some luck involved, so yeah utterly completely ridiculous. That by no means makes you a limited player.

Aubameyang has taken on and beaten players many a time, might not lead to a goal but he does it, just takes a quick youtube search for those of you who have forgotten or miss it.

I recall him scoring a free kick or two in his time here too. Furthermore, Aubameyang is plenty inventive - quite a few of his goals is because he's tried something audacious and scores against the run of play. His bicycle kick against Olympiakos comes straight to mind. It's not like he gets a plethora of chances created for him like Giroud.

He virtually has no hold up play and very few headed goals for his height which are the only legit critisms I have seen, but with his skillset and attributes he doesn't need it, not every striker has to play like a big target man Vardy and Aguero don't.

Some things aren't worth debating cause people are just plain wrong sometimes. Like on this occasion.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Good post. As with most debates these days people see it so black and white, your either wrong or right, whereas it is entirely possible to understand that Auba has limitations yet is still an elite level goal scorer, his records speaks for itself.

Auba for example is nowhere near as tidy on the ball as an Aguero, he's rarely going to take someone one with skill like a Sterling, nor is he going to hold the ball up/link midfield and attack in the same way a Giroud can, so he is limited in some areas but he is also elite in others, for example his movement in and around the box, its not an accident he is often in the right place for a tap in, the runs he makes are elite level and crucially his finishing is elite level, you'd back him to finish 9/10 times when he gets an opportunity.

For me he has to go up top and we build creativity around him so he can just concentrate on making space for himself and converting, I get the comparison with Henry but Henry could create something out of nothing for himself, he could as in that famous Sp**s goal, ghost past hordes of players to get a goal for himself, Auba doesn't have that in his locker which is why some people label him limited.

I don't see a reason why he cant do this from the left though. If you look at the most sucessfull teams over the last 5 or 6 years (Barca/Madrid/Liverpool/City to a certain extent), their primary goal scorers have played out wide.

I'd argue that they actually have more space to score goals, as they don't have to play with their back to goal as much against two CB's, and can make those out to in runs between fullbacks and Cbs.

I'm obviously not comparing their quality, but I see Auba's style on the left as similar to Ronaldo in the latter stages of his career, where he plays on the left, but main objective is to get into the box and score the goals. Having another center forward in the box occupies the CBs, which makes this easier for him IMO.

I do agree that creativity is an issue, but if we do move towards a 433, then I'd hope that would come from the two number 8s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom