• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashybashy86

Finally one of our players that can see where the obvious problem is, especially after Xhaka's " we're not giving them goals, mistakes happen " bullshit interview on sky.
I see why he keeps getting picked. He and Emery have the same mentality and like to deflect.

Malky

Established Member
I see why he keeps getting picked. He and Emery have the same mentality and like to deflect.
When your captain comes out with " being scared/nervous " playing the club bottom of the league when you're winning 2-0 you know there's a huge,huge problem. I could never imagine Vieira or Adams coming away with such ****? If it wasn't obvious before then Xhaka has confirmed there's a huge weakness in the mentality of this club.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
When your captain comes out with " being scared/nervous " playing the club bottom of the league when you're winning 2-0 you know there's a huge,huge problem. I could never imagine Vieira or Adams coming away with such ****? If it wasn't obvious before then Xhaka has confirmed there's a huge weakness in the mentality of this club.

Adams wouldn't have tolerated Xhaka

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Another Sanchez situation all over again. We've seen this before, haven't we?

This guy keeps bailing us out, time after time. If it weren't for him, we'd be competing with the likes of Bournemouth and West Ham.

No part of our team is functioning. I don't even know our style play.
The only positive this season has been this guy.

I don't know how long he's going to keep this up

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

We’re always nervous though, even under Wenger, even back in 2008. Our team become nervous and crumble in certain games, especially big games against tough opposition. Teams know we’re easy to get at and are fragile.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Teams know we’re easy to get at and are fragile.
Was hoping this would end under Emery but you're right, this club has had mentality issues dating far back. Almost like some kind of horrible mould that you can't get rid of no matter how hard you scrub.
Deeney is just the latest to tell it like it is but there have been many many players who have said things like 'you basically have to go out and kick one or two of them and they crumble like babies'... Hurts because it is true

progman07

Established Member
Was hoping this would end under Emery but you're right, this club has had mentality issues dating far back. Almost like some kind of horrible mould that you can't get rid of no matter how hard you scrub.
Deeney is just the latest to tell it like it is but there have been many many players who have said things like 'you basically have to go out and kick one or two of them and they crumble like babies'... Hurts because it is true
I'd argue it's different this time.

I believe we are afraid in these situations because the players do not know how to play the game under pressure. Take the goal kicks for example - Guendouzi has no passing options, AMN has no passing options, Sokratis has no passing options. There is no viable exit route from the defensive third of the pitch.

They of course make bad decisions, when they have to choose between 2-3 difficult or nearly impossible options on the pitch within a second of though, but it's not necessarily due to a lack of mental strength.

Basically we have a bunch of players on the pitch who don't know where to position themselves, or where to run, where to pass the ball. Whether this is because they are not coached properly, they are not good enough to execute it, or they are crumbling mentally, it's up for a debate, but personally I'd go for mostly the first one.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nervous because they have no faith in the system basically. That's it in a nutshell.

Imagine knowing that you're facing 40 minutes of pressure with nobody that is truly press resistant yet your manager insists you have to play out of the back with Luiz being the only defender able to. I would be nervous too.

BigPoppaPump

Nervous because they have no faith in the system basically. That's it in a nutshell.

Imagine knowing that you're facing 40 minutes of pressure with nobody that is truly press resistant yet your manager insists you have to play out of the back with Luiz being the only defender able to. I would be nervous too.

It was the same under Arsène, nervous and tense. One mistake off a complete crumbling.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

It was the same under Arsène, nervous and tense. One mistake off a complete crumbling.
Yeah we just have this reputation for being a bit of a joke. At 2-1 everyone expects City/Pool to get a third, at 2-1 for us everyone is already debating how we're going to let them equalise.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'd argue it's different this time.

I believe we are afraid in these situations because the players do not know how to play the game under pressure. Take the goal kicks for example - Guendouzi has no passing options, AMN has no passing options, Sokratis has no passing options. There is no viable exit route from the defensive third of the pitch.

They of course make bad decisions, when they have to choose between 2-3 difficult or nearly impossible options on the pitch within a second of though, but it's not necessarily due to a lack of mental strength.

Basically we have a bunch of players on the pitch who don't know where to position themselves, or where to run, where to pass the ball. Whether this is because they are not coached properly, they are not good enough to execute it, or they are crumbling mentally, it's up for a debate, but personally I'd go for mostly the first one.
Lovely post.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'm getting a bit worried about Auba, if things don't improve anytime soon I can see him wanting to move on early, he is doing his job & along with Laca they are the only ones doing their job, to score, our defence is falling apart & I'd say he's starting to get a bit frustrated with us.

BigPoppaPump

Lmao at everyone here being worried about him. Any time Auba had a bad game last season you all wrote him off and said you preferred Lacazette. Now you all are bum licking him worried he was gonna leave, don’t you lot prefer Lacazette anyway? I thought we didn’t need Auba if we had Laca.

Fickle f*cks, the lot of you.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah we just have this reputation for being a bit of a joke. At 2-1 everyone expects City/Pool to get a third, at 2-1 for us everyone is already debating how we're going to let them equalise.
Is that true or just a feeling. I had a look.

Last season there were 28 games where we either 2-0 or 2-1 and either held on to the lead or went on to win by more. And there were 4 games where we went on to draw or lose. I’m not sure that’s too bad to be honest. What would be reasonable?

It’s a reputation we have but does it have legs. We’ve had 1 this season and it’s sent fans into melt down.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Last season there were 28 games where we either 2-0 or 2-1 and either held on to the lead or went on to win by more. And there were 4 games where we went on to draw or lose. I’m not sure that’s too bad to be honest. What would be reasonable?

It’s a reputation we have but does it have legs. We’ve had 1 this season and it’s sent fans into melt down.
As usual you’re the voice of reason. Most be more of an emotional thing then. Seems to feel like a one goal lead with us is always ‘I hope we can hang on’ rather than ‘we are definitely going to score again’.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Valid point. I'm more upset about the way we capitulated rather than what we had at half time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom