Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Dammit

Dammit Well-Known Member

Gone at the end of the season, sad

2. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Another one Emery drove away... The team went to **** after Ramsey left and now imagine where we'd be without Auba's goals..

celestis likes this.
  3. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Usually things like this aren't just bad luck or a coincidence if it happens twice.

Yes Auba is a fantastic goalscorer, he could do well at a direct side like Madrid or Bayern but his footwork is so inferior to most top strikers.

4. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

I dont give a sh1t about his friendship with Robbie & The Douchebags. If the club doesnt like that friendship they should keep their worry behind the scenes. Are they trying to make his position here untenable? Thats very possible and tell you everything you need to know about the state of our club. This is getting out of hand.

Rimaal and Artisan like this.
  5. El Duderino

I agree, but I think he more than makes up to him in a team that plays to his goalscoring strengths. The fact that he was tied for the Golden Boot for us last season says a lot.

6. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Yeah. I feel like as we are so disjointed and tactically inept, we end up putting Aubameyang in situations where he shouldnt be.

In my opinion Arsenal should have a technical but balanced midfield with two proper wingers either side of Auba, and he should usually be the final touch to an attack.

At times we are relying on a player who is mid table standard when it comes to interchanges and dribbling, when really we should only be using him for his preditorial instincts in and around the box.

The combo of not having a senior left winger, having two strikers and Emery being poor causes this issue.

El Duderino likes this.
  7. Camron

Camron Established Member

Mustafi and Xhaka will still be here tho.

El Duderino likes this.
  8. El Duderino

That's the Vice and 1st Captain account for, alright.

Camron likes this.
  9. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

Even keeping Iwobi would have made a big difference, as Pepe-Auba-Iwobi has everything you want in a forward line in theory...suppose we had to sell Alex due to finances though.

Red London likes this.
  10. Camron

Camron Established Member

Based on dressing room popularity probably accurate. And we all know what counts.

El Duderino likes this.
  11. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

I think the club has genuinely ****ed up in a major way that they don't even comprehend.

- the statement released by Ornstein basically pinned the blame on the fans, external circumstances, while backing the manager with delusions. They painted the fanbase with one brush.

- They then read arseblog and changed their statement but it is too late.

- On top of that you are now throwing our best player under the bus. An emotional player who thrives on happiness. When he isn't happy he makes it known. He and Lacazette will both leave.

- I don't understand the negativity towards AFTV. Yes they have people who don't Express their opinion very well, but these are the away fans who go to every single game. They represent thr fan base. You have clueless individuals, but you also have those who come across very well. People like Mo and Graham speak intelligently.

- The club are dismissing the intelligence of its fanbase and that is criminal. We have access to data and underlying metrics. We have writers who write about it, podcasts that talk about it, data Twitter accounts that post about it, journalists who agree with all of it and our eyes that see that this team needs a new manager. Yet we are dismissed like we know nothing.

Ewarwoowar, Rimaal, skience3 and 12 others like this.
  12. Moah

Moah Active Member

Giving the captain's armband to Auba was as criminal as giving it to Xhaka. He is a great goalscorer but never was, is, or will be a leader. The man is a diva and football is just fun for him.
    You can't expect him to tell Guendouzi, Laca, Özil, Sok, Luiz or any player to do this and that while he barely jumps for a 50/50 cross.
    If Emery had taken experience as the requirement he should have made Luiz captain as he is the most experienced and doesn't have any special relationship with anyone yet which would have tied his hand to his back. But him being new here may have played a part in not selecting him.
    Apart from him it should have been bellerin as he is the long serving one and looks more of a leader on the pitch than Auba.

Oh_Snap likes this.
  13. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

I don't understand what the club is thinking. Amidst all the problems that are going on with the club, they think that messing around with Auba is the right thing to do? He is the reason why we are in the top half of the table ffs.

Rimaal, celestis and Garrincha like this.
  14. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Sounds like a lot of the stuff that was leaked about Alexis in 2017 when it became clear he wasn't signing a new contract.

Rimaal, celestis and El Duderino like this.
  15. El Duderino

I wonder who the **** is in charge of PR at Arsenal, because that person needs to be fired.

Need to poach whoever does Ozils stuff from him.

Rimaal, RacingPhoton and celestis like this.
  16. American_Gooner

https://twitter.com/markg_arsenal?lang=en

think he's been Ornstein's mate at Arsenal rather than Gazidis

17. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Been a lot of leaks in the last two years as well , @Preacher is right imo , Ornstein is becoming more of a glorified gossip columnist . Some of it was just casting aspersions on his character , the bit about him strategically befriending AFTV to put himself beyond criticism is just downright nasty and weird .

Rimaal, Preacher and American_Gooner like this.
  18. Erlis

Erlis Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

You should launch an initiative to build him a statue in front of the Emirates for all that I care. :lol:

19. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Didn't someone say when Wenger left that Ornstein would go to sh!t with his info now?

celestis likes this.
  20. American_Gooner

It's inaccurate as well, I forgot which game it was but recently Troopz did criticise his performance. Might have been Sheffield United.

Rimaal and celestis like this.