• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Jakarta

We'll see what the problems in few hours hopefully everything sort out quickly family matters only come first no matter how professional you are.

Unless Sarri is your manager, read this to see how he violated Koulibaly

Back in January 2016, the Senegalese defender received a call from his wife Charline telling him she was going into labour ahead of the game against Sassuolo.

He was scared to answer it to begin with because of how "intense" Sarri can be but mustered up the courage and told his manager of his situation.

After initially saying he couldn't leave to see the birth of his son, Sarri gave in but ordered him to return and stressed how much he needed him.

Recalling the events in The Players' Tribune, Koulibaly said: "Sarri looks at me and says, "No, no, no. I need you tonight, Kouli. I really need you. You can't go."

"I say, "This is the birth of my son, Mister. You can do whatever you want to me. Fine me, suspend me, I don't care. I am going."

"Sarri looks so stressed, and he is smoking his cigarette. Smoking, smoking, thinking ... then finally he says, "O.K., O.K., you can go to the clinic. But you have to be back for the match tonight. I need you, Kouli!""

The former Genk centre-back was there to see his son arrive into the world and got permission of his other half to head back to the Stadio San Paolo.
But then when he returned, much to his disbelief, Sarri had him down as a substitute on the team line-up.

"I am getting ready to play, and Sarri comes into the dressing room and puts up the team sheet. And I am looking... looking... looking," Koulibaly added.

"My number is not there. I said, "Mister! Are you kidding me?" He said, "What? It is my choice."

"I said, "Mister! My son! My wife! I left them! You said you needed me!" He said, "Yes, we need you on the bench.""

Just incredible. Koulibaly came off the bench for a 22 minute in a 3-1 win for Napoli but you can understand his frustration.

I would’ve put in a transfer request and told Sarri to go f himself.

I've been worried about Auba on the left for a long time, a very long time. Almost the first time he played there. I suspect we could get away with it against lesser teams but better teams would always stop it. Arteta actually managed to make it work last year, even against some good teams but even then I was told Auba was massively overperforming his xG.

My theory even two years ago when this experiment started was that Auba lacks the technique to play out wide and that our general play would suffer most of the time. I think many on here agreed with me but because we were somehow getting goals from Auba there most were willing to let it slide.

He has struggled this season, and there can be many reasons for that but I think one of the reasons is that Auba is just not cut for the general play out there. And when we have Laca who wants to be in the box most of the time, and Pepe who wants to do a similar thing as Auba and not being part of the general play we have three attackers who don't want to and are not that good at contributing to general play for 90 minutes.

I love Auba but I think we can improve a lot by not having him out wide and having an actual player there who is more involved in the general play!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I hope everything okay with him i know its not our business to know what going on but as player in the football club i guess we should know at least we'll understand and respect his privacy after that

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I really hope everything is ok! Nice to see the players thinking of him in the celebrations

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta say Auba having difficult time and the W is for him. I can't take seeing a joyful guy like Auba have difficulty hopefully soon everything will return to normal

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I wish him and his family well at this difficult time. As for our matches, winning well without him takes the pressure off or maybe plies it on. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing him play again-as long as he fits.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I ain’t gonna lie I heard it was something else, but seeing people dedicating the win to him, seems more serious.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I've been worried about Auba on the left for a long time, a very long time. Almost the first time he played there. I suspect we could get away with it against lesser teams but better teams would always stop it. Arteta actually managed to make it work last year, even against some good teams but even then I was told Auba was massively overperforming his xG.

My theory even two years ago when this experiment started was that Auba lacks the technique to play out wide and that our general play would suffer most of the time. I think many on here agreed with me but because we were somehow getting goals from Auba there most were willing to let it slide.

He has struggled this season, and there can be many reasons for that but I think one of the reasons is that Auba is just not cut for the general play out there. And when we have Laca who wants to be in the box most of the time, and Pepe who wants to do a similar thing as Auba and not being part of the general play we have three attackers who don't want to and are not that good at contributing to general play for 90 minutes.

I love Auba but I think we can improve a lot by not having him out wide and having an actual player there who is more involved in the general play!
We can also improve a lot by not having him central and having an actual player who is more involved in the general play.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We looked really good with three players who could dribble, shoot, cross and interchange behind Laca who can play one-twos with them.

It’s a challenge for the manager, a good headache to have because Auba is still our best player. He needs to find a way, that’s his job.

Weliveinacrazyworld

A very, very well known member
I know we shouldn’t speculate but if you search “Auba” on Twitter, a lot of people are saying he’s getting a divorce... whatever it is, hope our captain is doing okay.

Top Bottom