• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
After Özil and Auba I propose that we don’t sign players to extreme wages anymore just to keep them.

scytheavatar

Established Member
KEEP HIM in the middle, I dont care he still offered more than laca and nketiah

No he doesn't, both Laca and Nketiah were wasteful but at least they were running to the right positions to feed off what little they can get. Auba is just jogging and playing like he doesn't give a ****.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Auba, Cedric, Mari, Willian that's our future for the next 4 years. I hate it here.
Horrific. Thing is everyone with half a football brain could see those other guys were going to be terrible decisions.
Aubemeyang not so much because of his numbers, even though I was against it I could at least see why people were enthusiastic. Grim.

FinnGooner

Established Member
For 250k/w and a captain's armband you'd expect some effort. If this trajectory keeps on, he'll be nothing more but an Özil replacement next season.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Horrific. Thing is everyone with half a football brain could see those other guys were going to be terrible decisions. Aubemeyang not so much because of his numbers even though I was against it I could at least see why people were enthusiastic. Grim.

Look at how long Mustafi has been here and we haven't been able to get rid, Sokratis still collects a paycheque, the whole Özil situation.

Tbf I feel like the Kronke's know this now and are trying to fix the mess it has been. Seeing us get rid of Raul and Huss was a good start.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
In my opinion him moving centrally and allowing actual wingers either side of him looked like it could eventually click. We saw this for a period in the Sheffield game.

This isnt a large enough sample size here. I would much rather try this long term and fit another pacey wide man on the pitch rather than play Laca who already has a montage of sitter misses this season....

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

@Macho about to come in this thread so smug and I can't even be mad at him.
Lol close but the red card means I can’t tbh. That’s around 30-40 mins of what ifs.

For 60 minutes though no real chances created whilst our goal got peppered by a championship side, I still think I am right and it’s not necessarily a personnel problem.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Look at how long Mustafi has been here and we haven't been able to get rid, Sokratis still collects a paycheque, the whole Özil situation.

Tbf I feel like the Kronke's know this now and are trying to fix the mess it has been. Seeing us get rid of Raul and Huss was a good start.
Not sure tbh, obviously its good they’re gone. Huss was on mental money for an exec.

But whats in place now? Nothing. Willian was brought in through Edu/Arteta.
I have 0 confidence in them getting the right guys in to take us forward. People laughed at the thought of David O leary being brought in on the board but that would have been a good start in my eyes. Not some slick lawyer from Kroenke’s stooges or some cyclists contracts guru.

Get some proper football understanding men in there to make the tough decisions, it will pay off in the long term.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Lol close but the red card means I can’t tbh. That’s around 30-40 mins of what ifs.

For 60 minutes though no real chances created whilst our goal got peppered by a championship side, I still think I am right and it’s not necessarily a personnel problem.

I feel like Willian was better on the left than Auba was tbh, but I still prefer Auba in the middle over Lacazette just comes to creating chances and Arteta has no idea how to do it evidently.

OSBK

Established Member
He doesnt have the qualities to play central. Gets bullied every time he plays there.

We play him cf and its solves our problems, we dont create chances is now the excuse. Anyone see harry kane against city? Destroyed the city defence by himself.

He is a prolific winger and nothing more

OSBK

Established Member
I don’t see the issue. In a team that gives him service he’ll score.

You guys are gutted because he’s snatching at the odd half chance he’s getting.

The issue is there is only a handfull of teams in world football who can carry someone who's only strength as a striker is getting spoon fed.

Reactions: roz

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
A lot of his issues has been his own doing tbh. Sloppy on the ball, not making himself available for the pass and not making as many runs(must be frustrating when you rarely get picked out tbf).

His form is a genuine worry for me now,

GDeep™

League is very weak
The issue is there is only a handfull of teams in world football who can carry someone who's only strength as a striker is getting spoon fed.
Yeah but we already knew that and gave him a big deal, so you have to play to his strengths.

Should’ve sold him otherwise.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Yeah we’re not learning something new here. The type of player that lives and dies by his goals. Naturally, when he’s not scoring, he looks quite poor.

Much more concerned with the midfield, low chance creation, and lack of alternatives on the bench.

Breezy

Pay out the rest of his contract now and tell him and Özil to do one in the summer. There’s loads of good strikers about.

Top Bottom